I won't be actually doing one of these a day as I think it would be a bit too post-y. I don't have a tendency to blog every day anyway and I have some trips coming up and wouldn't be able to maintain it even if I tried. So, what that means is that I will go down the list and write about a couple of the challenges a week.
Here is the list of challenges:
Day 01- Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is.
Current relationship = single/dating
Single life sucks.
and....discuss:
Well, I've been single for quite some time now. I wish I could say "single and lovin' it", but I'd be lying. Everyone says to embrace these days - this freedom. I do. It's just that the single life for someone who has always wanted to be married and to have children is a lonely existence. Up until VERY recently, most of my weekends were spent at home A-L-O-N-E, feeling sorry for myself.
![]() |
| source here |
It's really hard to meet someone these days. I can't meet anyone at work. All of my local buddies are coupled up and none of them have any single friends to even try and play the matchmaker game. I'm no barfly, so this means I've relied mostly on internet dating over the past few years. EHarmony and I are basically mortal enemies - see here, here, and here for proof. I'm currently on my second go-around with Match.com. The first time didn't fare so well - see here for proof. BUT, alas...this second time around is getting interesting. ;) I've tried posting Craig's List ads. Though I vowed to never go that route again because of the number of married men out there seeking an affair (I'm quite the Nancy Drew, don't ya know?!), I did meet a couple of nice guys who I briefly dated, BUT I also met some total weirdos. I even tried a dating group to meet guys called Eight Friends Out. See here for an example of what a disaster that was for me.
![]() |
| source here |
Oh and something that really irks me is when people say it will happen when I least expect it. I got into the whole dating game VERY late in life. I least expected it for a long, long time is my point and not a whole lot has happened. Time will tell though, friends. Time will tell. I remain hopeful, no worries.
So, your challenge should you choose to accept it is to join me in this 30 Day Challenge.



5 comments:
yay so glad you're doing this. I haven't chosen which one I want to do first! ha
I'm sorry your luck isn't so great...
Have you tried meetup.com ? It's a site where you can join groups that interest you. I'm not single, but I did join some "healt, running, food, wine..." groups and they seem to always have some sort of get together. I never went because I got really busy and just lost track of the groups. There are some weirdo's (like everywhere else)- I had this guy constantly email me to see if my bf and I wanted to hang with him. He didn't take a hint and I was too much of a chicken to say no thank you. Someone who is that desperate is just a little too weird for me hehe. Let me know if you check it out.
have you tried the Jewish single groups? You could meet a dawktor or a lawyer, ya know (in my best deli voice eva!).
I can relate about how difficult it is to meet single, available, worth-dating men in Houston. I was lucky to meet JCF on yahoo personals, but it was all fun and games - oh the horror of bad dates.
Consider widening your radius. I know long distance relationships aren't easy, so why suggest that LaShaune? You ask. Because for the right person, mountains (or ppl) will move.
Good luck with the challenge. I've never been really good at the continual 30-day thing, but I will be here in the primordial internet soup reading.
Oh the craziness of being single! But i think i'd rather be single and happy, than not happy and in a relationship!!!
I'm loving this challenge ... so I think that I will attempt it.
I'm a Single Sally too, but I've never been so peaceful being single.
I think that Prince Charming will arrive when we are ready to receive him.
Some Kind of Wonderful ended the way Pretty in Pink SHOULD have. Blaine was such a jerky jerk to Andie. Grr. Ducky was nothing but a devoted gentleman to her. Ah, the 80's. I seriously wanted Mary Stuart Masterson's stacked hair with the blonde on top and brunette on bottom.
Hold out for your Ducky. I'm praying for him. You deserve a Ducky my friend. (or a Jake from Sixteen Candles!)
Post a Comment