Day 06 - Write 30 interesting facts about yourself.
Here goes 30 facts about me. Not quite sure about the interesting part...
1) I don't have a middle name. 'tis true. My parents claim they couldn't come up with anything to go with Kimberly. If they had and if it started with an "I", my initials would be K.I.M., but then the pressure would be on to meet and marry a dude with a last name starting with an M. Oye...
2) I name inanimate objects. It probably stems from the fact that I don't have a middle name. See this fella here? His name is Henry. I bought and planted him when I first moved in - almost 11 years ago. He was but a wee little babe and fit perfectly in his little bed. now...not so much.
3) I did not have my first kiss until I was 22. true, pathetic story.
4) Though I am only 1/8 Irish, I totally claim that heritage over any of the other components that make up my muttishness. This is why it hurts me so that my birthday just missed St. Patty's day by one measly day. I would have liked to have been the pride of my people.
5) I don't eat "weird" cheeses. By weird I mean bleu or goat or stinky. I realize I could soooo never be a foodie because of this.
6) I have a "thing" for garden gnomes. Here is my most recent one. My parents gave him to me for Christmas. I call him Claude.
7) I was a card carrying member of the *N Sync Fan Club once upon a time. I may or may not have gone to 4 of their concerts. don't judge me. I heart J.C.
8) I'm probably a little rusty now, but once upon a time I knew all the words to the musical Rent. I saw the original cast revival in London back in the summer of '98 and fell in love.
9) I still have all of my Christopher Pike books that I read in my youth. I would love to pass them down to my child(ren) some day. I had to babysit a lot of hours ($2-$3 per hour) to buy these books.
10) My mother once closed the car window on my face. This helped to make me who I am today.
11) If I had to choose one food to eat the rest of my life, it would be pizza. I heart it THAT much. I don't eat it very often, though. I don't have a shut-off valve where it is concerned, sadly. Ironically, as much of a carnivore as I am, I actually prefer a more vegetarian (mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, black & green olives) approach to my pizza.
12) My younger sister vomited in my mouth when she was a baby. It was sort of like a mama bird feeding her baby, but reverse and way more disgusting. May that never happen to you. I have forgiven her, I think.
13) I love to cook, but not to bake. Baking is unforgiving of my experimentation. I do, however, love to eat baked goods. Brownies and lemon bars, in particular. Neither are on my diet plan, though. *sigh*
14) I have a Beanie Baby collection. My favorite is this little otter guy. Isn't he so precious? His name is Otis. He fits in the palm of my hand.
15) I've caught 4 bouquets at weddings. yeah...that whole tradition is bunk. I promise you that by catching one you are soooo not the next one to get married.
16) I have been in two weddings of people I am no longer friends with...friendships that ended badly. I find it kind of sad that forever they will have weddings pics with me in them, yet I'm no longer in their lives.
17) I always wanted to lose a tooth at school so I could go to the nurse and get one of those cool little treasure chests to keep my tooth in until I got home. Sadly, it never happened. =(
18) Back in the day, older sister Cathy wrote and sang a song about my My Little Pony underwear I wore. Pretty sure she was mocking them and me. rude.
19) Winnie the Pooh scares me. There is a whole story that explains this from when I was about 5 years old or so, but it's a bit too wordy for this post. Just know that should I have kiddos some day, their rooms will not be adorned with this demon.
![]() |
| source here |
20) I went to year-round school when I lived in Denver (3rd and 4th grade). It was quite a different experience to be in school for 9 weeks, then out for 3, and repeat.
21) The color yellow makes me violent.
22) I talk ridiculously fast. When I am nervous or anxious or any other emotion other than "normal", it gets even more ridiculous. I don't even need to pause for breaths. I could consider an alternate profession as an auctioneer perhaps?
23) I hallucinated ants crawling all over my bed while on pain meds after my first of two ACL knee surgeries. good times. NOT. My brother refused to help me remove the "ants" which meant helping me change the sheets, so I stripped my bed down to the mattress and slept on a naked mattress that night. What a great brother, huh? We won't talk about all the times I saved him from the thunder and lightening!
24) I gave my first roommate in college an ulcer. It's true, just ask her. weirdo.
25) While in Killarney (Ireland) about 10 years ago, I fell down an entire flight of stairs. Alcohol combined with the fact that I never did learn the difference between my right and my left were to blame for this incident. I was a bit sore from my tumble, but otherwise uninjured, thankfully.
26) I've been dying my hair since I was 16. Who knows it's original color? Surely not I. It used to be when I got upset, it got colored or when I got bored, it got colored. Now, it gets colored when I see grey. My how times change. One thing that never changes is that my mom always thinks it's too dark.
27) I will ride any roller coaster in the world, but if you put me on a spinning ride (think: tea cups), I will vomit on you AND hate you. yeah, it's like that.
28) My ringtone on my phone is considered obnoxious by most, but I love it. It's Little Boxes which is the theme song to the show Weeds.
29) I kinda like the smell of gasoline. just sayin' (if I could do a scratch 'n' sniff here, I so would)
30) I believe in Bigfoot. Don't judge me. Aliens are an interesting concept to me. I won't confirm or deny the possibility of their existence. I had to do some research on Roswell while in college and let's just say I found it VERY interesting...
There you have it - 30 things you may or may not have known about me. Now tell me one totally cRaZy something about you UNLESS of course you are partaking in this challenge in which case I look forward to reading all 30 of your facts!





4 comments:
I totally believe in aliens, I mean the universe is a vast place, there has to be something out there, it can't just be us.
PS I'll be on the lookout for a perfect gnome from Germany, they're all over the place here. Email me your address and I'll send you one just because I like you. :)
allieisarunningfool at yahoo
I totally love the smell of gasoline too!
This had me laughing out loud! Okay I can totally relate to #'s 2 (by the way my favorite stuffed animal when I was a child (felt I needed to clarify I was a child for some reason) was named Henry)#4 maybe a bit more than 1/8 Irish but claimn' da heritage as me own! We are practically kin! #6 the garden gnome thing I'm still in the closet about it, so mums the word. #10 funny and sad:( #16 yep! #21 Yellow it's just wrong! #25 Uh, ouch, watch that Irish brew! #27 I am so there!!! Last and best coaster ever rode "Manta" at Seaworld! #29 weirdly similar.
It was fun Kim to read these. BTW how are you feeling about Dallas this weekend? Excited? Ready? Maybe we will run into each other:)
I don't have a middle name either!!! I am going to read this post after I do mine. I don't want to take yours :P
Post a Comment