![]() |
| source here |
March brings 2 races:
Bayou City Classic 10K on 3/12
Rock 'n' Roll Dallas 1/2 on 3/27
Now the really cool thing is that I did the Bayou City Classic race last year, so how fun to have an opportunity to PR on the exact same race! This will be the first of only two races I will be repeating this year. I make no guarantees on the PR, though, as my running has been questionable at best coming off this injury. I've had only a handful of decent runs, but...I'm not giving up!
I signed up for the Rock 'n' Roll Dallas Half on October 10th (while in Scottsdale, AZ for my cousin's wedding) since I had a coupon code for saving $20. Note - this was before The Houston Half hurt me, so I don't have any great expectations for this race either - JUST TO FINISH. It would be really great to finish with a better time than my Rock 'n' Roll Chicago Half, though....just sayin'. It's doable, but I'm trying not to set myself up for disappointment if it doesn't happen because...well...it's been a rough road getting back in the game. It's especially awesome knowing I will be running the course with two of my friends - Melissa and Rachel! I'm also excited to drive up to Dallas - I'm staying with a friend of mine I haven't seen in over 2 years, Julie. I will get to meet her 1 year old, too! I have some other friends in Dallas I would love to see while I'm out there (if you want to meet up - let me know)! And of course, there is That Pink Girl (recent Ultra marathon finisher ---- so proud of her!) - don't you just love how you can make real life friends out of blog buddies?! Can't wait to see her!
March = March Madness! The last few years I've been INCREDIBLY lucky at work and made some money having no background on any of the teams at all! So fun! All of my employees and fellow co-workers get so jealous of my mad skillz. awesome.
March means St. Patrick's Day! The funny thing is I never really do anything to celebrate, but I like to claim my 1/8 Irish Heritege, so there you go!
March also brings my birthday! I'm trying to piece together my wish list. I know I definitely want a good (read: expensive) set of earphones for my iPod. I've had this big struggle lately. When I put the cord behind me, my sweat makes it stick to the back of my neck which pulls on the cord driving me nuts. When I put the cord in front of me, sometimes I don't pin it right with my shuffle and there are issues. I don't need these kind of distractions. This is the set I'm currently eyeing - Sennheiser Adidas PMX 680i Sports Headset. Does anyone have them? Thoughts? I also know I want a renewal of my Runner's World subscription - love that magazine!
I've yet to hit my monthly mileage goals, so hopefully March will be the month! The plan is 50 and it starts TODAY!
I wish you all a happy and healthy March! =)


2 comments:
I love March. Today is the perfect March weather. I bet you will suprise yourself at all your races this season :-)
You can TOTES do 50 miles this month. You have an extra day this month and everything!
Yaaay for goals and yaaay for you racing in Dallas! I'll be there to hollar my head off for y'all!
Post a Comment