Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Oh eHarmony...

Oh eHarmony....I wish I could say we have a love/hate relationship, but really I just hate you and it's quite clear how you feel about me by the care and concern you take in finding me the perfect match.


Let's take a look at the last week as a prime example of your lack of respect for me, shall we?


3 potential gentlemen callers initiated contact with me in the past week.  It was shocking, to say the least.  Very rarely do I have any initiations at all (and God forbid I were to do the initiating), so this was practically reason for celebration or it at least warranted a kazoo and a party hat.  Oh...but wait...then the reality of it slapped me in the face and I now have 0 potential gentlemen callers.  


Before I tell you how it all went down, let's review your communication stages:


#1 - 5 multiple choice questions are sent out and answered by each party
#2 - 10 "must haves" and 10 "can't stands" are selected from lists of many and sent out by each party
#3 - 3 open ended questions are sent out and answered by each party
#4 - open communication


Okay, now that we have that out of the way, let's get back to business.


Gentleman caller A terminated contact after I asked him the 3 open ended questions I chose from the list of many provided by you, eHarmony.  I'm thinking he either didn't like the questions I asked or he had moved onto greener pastures.  Oh well....his loss.  I'm great!


Gentleman Caller B's contact was terminated by me after he sent his "must haves" and "can't stands".  He has probably been the 3rd or 4th guy who has initiated contact with me over the past several months who has literally included "can't stand overweight people" in their list.  Here's the deal....I totally respect the fact that everyone has their preferences for what they are physically attracted to.  That being said, we are not 8 years old anymore and I think you just choose people according to that preference and that you should not need to say that you "can't stand" any one group of people.  I guess I should be thankful that by looking at my many pictures posted, they did not think me to be overweight, but the truth of the matter is that I am still overweight.  Also, even if I wasn't, the statement would still offend me and it would make me wonder if ever I put on 5 or 10 lbs if I would be criticized accordingly.  So, to him and others like him I say...good riddance and grow up!  


Gentleman Caller C's contact was terminated by me after the open communication round began and fizzled.  I understand I have a vivacious personality, eHarmony, but that does not mean I want a stick in the mud.  Just in case you didn't catch our conversation, here goes:

Email #1 from GCC (him) to K (me)
Now comes the fun part. I am currently working full time and going to school part time. 
Email #2 from K (me) to GCC (him)
Hi Gentleman Caller C,

So being a shipping director...does that mean you are involved with operations/planning/dispatching? I have my hand in that pot at my work. 

What are you studying at school?

Kim

Email #3 from GCC (him) to K (me)
I do all the shipping, packaging, and take care of the operations of the shipments, as well as maintain the inventory counts, process refunds and other things like that. I am currently a History major working towards my Associates degree in Criminal Justice.








So, yeah eHarmony...needless to say, I closed out ol' GCC.  I did this only cuz my mom taught me a long time ago that if I couldn't say anything nice, I shouldn't say anything at all.  What I really wanted to reply back to him was:  UM...yeah...thanks for asking ME questions, GCC.  Thanks for your incessant *interesting* chatter all about YOU, GCC.  Oh...and I'm confused about what *fun* part you were referring to in your first email to me,GCC. 

Thanks again eHarmony for making me yet another perfect match.  =/  I'd say your days are limited, but we both know I'd be lying yet again, so...whatever.

3 comments:

Melting Candy said...

Okay, I am really not laughing at your pain here....but the way you wrote this....tears and laughter were escaping me. I wanted to yell "run girl, get away from those dudes!"

Getting to know guys and date can really suck! I do not miss those days, but keep exploring my dear.... it will come to you!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Melissa-D said...

You deserve only the best! I'm sorry Mel-Harmony is not much more successful in finding you a great guy that fits you best. I'm still always on the look-out though!

Rachael West said...

Sorry but this post cracked me up... seriously. What's up with men? So glad to be out of that crazy dating world... hold out for the best!