I'm a little upset about something. Well...okay, a lot upset about something. I have been making an effort to take more pictures of my life. It doesn't come naturally. We weren't raised this way. Sure, sure...there are pictures here and there, but then I have some friends who are so good at capturing the moments of life and it makes me super jealous that they just know what to do and when to do it.
I bring my camera with me everywhere I go just in case I remember to whip it out on a whim. Rarely do I purposely plan in advance for its use (bad blogger). I had it with me on Friday night, my birthday, for the friend celebration (remember how I celebrated my fake birthday with family a week ago?). I decided to do the same thing I did last year - a dinner gathering at Los Cucos. This year was a bit different as I actually had a date. =D Older sister Cathy surprised me by bringing a turtle cake from Rao's, so I had her take a picture of that. Then I took some pics of my party peeps. I handed off my camera to others to take pictures of the people I couldn't get, including me with my date (the first picture of us). I must have forgotten to put my camera back in its rightful place in my purse once it was handed back to me because the next day I noticed it was missing.
After family lunch at Red Robin on Saturday, I went over to Los Cucos to inquire as to whether or not they had found it. Nope - no one had seen it. Hmmm...me thinks there is a thief amongst them.
So...now I am sad.
I did manage to download a couple of pics on Friday at work before I left for the day. I must have had a 6th sense that my camera was going to disappear.
This is a picture of the cake my mom ordered from R.J. Goodies and brought to work for me. My dudes at work think every 3rd Friday of the month should be cake and ice cream day, by the way.
This is a picture of the red roses that were delivered to me. They were completely unexpected, so very beautiful, and most appreciated. ;)
My parents took me to lunch, I was able to unite some of my friends and some of my siblings (brother Eddie and sister-in-law April not in attendance since they live in Los Angeles) for my dinner, and I got some MORE really great presents! I was gifted with a lot of great books, so I best get to reading!!! I also got the earphones I wanted - I put them to the test on Sunday and loved them! yay!
Despite the camera incident AND the fact I had to work on my birthday, it was a wonderful day!
I have thought about going to local pawn shops and asking if they have the camera that fits my battery charger and picture uploader. Wouldn't it be cool to turn this into a Cinderella story of sorts? They can have it back as soon as I get my pics. *sigh*


6 comments:
So sorry to hear about your camera:( Maybe someone will surprise you with another for your birthday--oh, and Happy late birthday!
Happy birthday! So, sorry about your camera. Maybe it will still turn up.
Glad you had a good day! Those flowers are very pretty!
You look fabulous in your pic :)
That sucks!!!!! I'm sorry about your camera! Bad people for stealing it! We had a blast celebrating your birthday, and since I was there in person, I am okay without the pictures. =)
I hope your camera does show up though. If not, maybe you can get an even cooler camera to make it all better! Love ya!
I'm so horrible at taking pictures too. Sorry you lost your camera. RJ Goodies cakes are the best!! I'm jealous.
Post a Comment