Yes, yes....I know I should just get over it like so many other grievances I have like the fact that my parents didn't love me enough to give me a middle name...like the fact that I have such a common first name...like the fact that I have SMCS (Severe Middle Child Syndrome)...I could go on and on, but I will stop the whining here.

Anyway, this year was no exception. On Tuesday night, I met my friend Kim for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Cafe Red Onion. It had somehow been six months since Kim and I had last seen each other which is WAY too long - especially for two friends who live in the same city!!! She was my first college friend and we shared our first apartment together with our other roomie and friend, Laura. This is a picture of my dinner. It was so delicious and it came with a cup of onion soup plus I added a side of refried black beans because how often do you see that at a restaurant?!
On Wednesday night, I met my friend Amy for dinner at Chili's. We had really crappy service from our server, but thankfully the company made the night awesome regardless! In case you don't know how I met Amy, well almost 2 years ago she answered a CL ad I posted looking for a workout buddy. Turns out we like to eat out together more than workout, but I made a life long friend!!!
On Monday, I did my morning meeting with my crews before sending them out on their respective jobs. I made mention of the fact that my birthday was the same day as the beginning of March Madness. One of my guys said, "oh yay...that means we get cake." I told him it was unlikely since I don't eat cake anymore, so I really don't see my mom doing that this year. I told my mom about it later that day and guess what?!?! On Thursday, she brought up a birthday cake (for the guys to eat), a fruit tray (for me) and some flowers. Then my parents took me out to eat for a great grilled chicken salad. I actually didn't have any plans on my actual birthday night with anyone, though I was invited to go to Greggy and Mellie-D's house to watch Flash Forward (yay). Unfortunately, I had to clean house because....
On Friday, I was having a small get together with some friends, my siblings, and their spouses at Los Cucos (we all know I have a slight obsession with them lately) and then I had invited everyone back to my house for dessert (sugar free cheesecake and sopapilla cheesecake).

Jay, Cathy, ME, Linda, and Craig

Meliska & Kimska

me and my Amy

Joe didn't do his famous dance for me - no fair!!!

Lauren!!!!

Sarah - friend AND massage therapist - doesn't get much better than that!

Vicki & Andrew - a treat to get them out on a Friday night!!! yay!!!
On Saturday, I got to choose a restaurant for my family to dine at in joint celebration of my 33rd and Craig's 32nd birthdays. I picked Pappas Grill Steakhouse and Craig was so okay with this! I love this place because your meal comes with the salad bar (and they have 3 huge blocks of cheese and we all know how much I HEART cheese). After dinner, we went back to my parent's house for dessert. My mom bought a cake from Rao's Bakery. I, of course, did not partake, but it looked REALLY good. I just ate another slice of my sugar free cheesecake instead. I also got to open up all my presents! Yay! The wish-list Nazi (otherwise known as Cathy) told me my list was no good - apparently she didn't approve of my mostly running-themed items (even though she did humor me). All in all, this ranks up there as one of my favorite birthdays to date! =)

No comments:
Post a Comment