Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 02 - In 10 Years...

In case you are not in the know, I've decided to do a 30 Day Challenge, only it won't be completed in 30 days cuz I roll down a path less traveled, yo.

I am currently on Day 02 - Where you'd like to be in 10 years.

Do you think this question would be easier answered if you were already married and/or if you had all the children you planned on having?  yes? no? maybe so?

I remember back about 9 years ago or so one of my employees asked me where I saw myself in 10 years.  I told him it was impossible to answer as I had no way of knowing if I would be single or married, if I would be childless or a mother.  He said it shouldn't matter and I begged to differ.  Hindsight being 20/20, he was right.  It shouldn't have mattered.  One can come up with a 10 year dream-self regardless of one's circumstances.  I was just a kid then and didn't know better.

The only fair way to answer this is to break up the idea of 10 years into different categories.

Love Life - Please God let me be happily married in 10 years time.
source here

Children - Assuming I am married, please let me be a mother to at least one child (but preferably three)
source here

Home - In 7 years, my first and only house will be paid off.  I kinda hope to be in a new home in 10 years time.  It doesn't have to be new-new, just new to me (the custom built one I've been designing in my head for years would be AMAZING, though...).  Of course, if I'm not married, it wouldn't make sense and I would be perfectly content staying in my then paid-off home.
source here

Work - Let's face it, if you know me at all and my work situation, you know that I'm not going anywhere.  I would just hope to have even more responsibility and to continue to grow in my skills/confidence/leadership and to better tame the beast that sometimes rears her ugly head.
source here

Health - I will still be on the right path of living a healthy life in mind, body, and spirit.  My diet will still follow the guidelines of The South Beach diet.  I will still maintain an active lifestyle - focusing on cross training and running.  Hopefully I will have multiple marathons under my belt.  I better be maintaining my goal weight!!!!
source here

Friendship - I will have maintained my supremely fantastical friendships while hopefully making some new lasting ones.
source here

The outlook is good for a happy, healthy 10 years into the future, y'all.

How's yours?

4 comments:

That Pink Girl said...

Leave it to Kim to cute up and make fun this post! I love the pics to go with your dreams and goals! I hope you get every thing your heart desire. You are an amazing person and I can see how people are drawn to you. You attract what you put out there (so they say) and you are putting out AMAZINGNESS so I can only imgine what great things God has in store for you!!!

Cheryl said...

I love that your post is illustrated with sitcoms! Here's hoping your future husband will not be Al Bundy:)

Simi said...

2 years ago my "10 years from now" was so different!
Love the pics and I hope you get everything your little heart desires :)

LaShaune said...

that's a very healthy outlook on the next 10 years. My glass is raised in toast that you receive all that you want, desire and need. Cheers!