Since my last post, I've felt MOTIVATED! Yes, that's with all caps for a reason, my friends! I knew I needed to feel better about me and to feel that way, I needed to become BFFs with my morning workouts again. Here's the deal - it isn't an easy routine to get into because it means a 4:30am wake up. Yes, you read that correctly. 4:30am. It's okay, though...cuz I wake up to Brad Paisley's She's Everything. He can croon in my ear any morning...well obviously not THIS morning at 4:30am because I quickly reset the alarm to 6:10am since 5 hours of sleep was just not gonna cut it (I hung out with my buddies Meliska, Greggy-D, and Heather last night and then when I got home I had a hard time falling asleep). Anywho...the reason I must get up so early is because I have to take a thyroid pill and that means waiting 30 minutes before I can eat and I have to eat something before I workout, so...you get the idea.
Okay...so on Monday, I ate a whole wheat bagel thin with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray and made my way to 24 Hour Fitness. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical on the Glute program at a 10-intensity with a 5 minute cool-down. Truth be told, I don't really "cool-down" on the cool-down, I actually use that 5 minutes to go in the reverse direction. I ended up doing 3.25 miles and it felt fantastic! Next, I headed to the recumbent bike and did the random program for 15 minutes on level 10. I walked out of the gym empowered and thinking, "I'm back!"
On Tuesday, I had the same pre-workout breakfast. I decided to change things up a bit and face my fear of the treadmill head on. Prior to this day, I had only done one mile on the treadmill on two different occasions. I hated both of them. I decided to get over it because I needed to get some running in and it's too dark in the mornings for me to go by myself out on the pavement. We all know I do interval running - 4 minutes of running following by 1 minute of walking. This is easy to do on the streets and annoying to do on a treadmill. With this in mind, I gave myself a goal of running the first mile out-right without intervalling. Once I hit the one mile mark, I realized I still had plenty of juice in me, so I decided to hit the half way mark (1.55 miles) without walking and I did it! Yay! So at the 1.55 mile mark, I slowed it down and walked a minute while I drank some of my water. From there on out, I decided to focus more on the distance than the time for the intervalling, so I set my distance at half mile increments and went from there to finish my 5K. I finished it up, walked a half mile afterwards as a cool-down and called it a day.
Before and after both workouts, I stretched. I also incorporated a gallon of water hydration into my routine both days - this is something new to me and something I've mentioned several times that I've struggled with tremendously. I will say that I have had no aches and pains as I typically do post-workouts and I attribute that to my increased stretching and to finally properly hydrating. Today is a rest day, but I will be hitting the gym hard again tomorrow.
Be sure to check-out Lauren's weekly Workout Wednesday blog that is sure to inspire!
What is the one thing you could to today to change how you feel tomorrow?

3 comments:
I love it!! : ) I'm glad the motivation has come back. You are so much better at it than me! PS. I am glad I got to see your beautiful face last night! It's always a good night when you are around! Let's do it again next week, shall we!?
You're so good! Early morning workouts feel great, I just wish I could make myself do them every morning. :)
Thanks for the link love too for Workout Wednesdays! :)
That's great, it's amazing how much of a difference hydration can make. Glad you're doing great!
Post a Comment