Dear Bananas,
I have missed you so. I don't understand where the confusion came into play. Perhaps I misunderstood when I read Phase 1's rules of the South Beach diet and accidentally applied them to Phase 2. Maybe the powers that be updated the diet and came to realize you are not the enemy. Regardless, I have withheld from eating you for well over a year and I'm sure your feelings have been hurt. Do you have any idea how many times I have had to walk past you in the grocery store with sad, wanting eyes? Oh...and then there have been my races...they always have you at the after race parties and I had to decline even though you would have been a perfect food choice to help replenish my body. It's bad enough to have to walk on by the bagels and the pizza, but you, too?!
We already know that I'm quite picky where you are concerned - I wouldn't dream of eating you with any kind of noticeably brown spot or mushy tenderness present. I would apologize, but is it not best to be up front and honest as opposed to wasteful? Oh how I've longed to have my "grab it and go fruit" on so many occasions. I now have so many plans for us to be reunited again soon - in fact I will be headed to the store shortly to bring home a much needed supply of you.
Just think - this is perfect timing as your kind will definitely be represented at my half marathon in two weeks from today and I will definitely be able to partake in the eating of you instead of longingly watching everyone else enjoy you! yay!
This is going to be the rekindling of a beautiful relationship, bananas! I owe it all to younger sister Linda and her hubby Craig for not pulling a "me" and speed reading through The South Beach book. Instead, they noticed this very important oversight on my behalf!
Love,
KIMpossible
Update: Just researched this a little further and found out I'm not an over-looker. The South Beach Diet Supercharged updated the food list based on the fact they expected their diet followers to be upping their exercise. Adding back in a medium sized banana to Phase 2 was part of the update (source here). Ahhhh...redemption!


2 comments:
Yeah that you can have bananas again! I'm not much for them, but one of my daughter's digs them, and she too, will not touch one that has any flaws :)
Love the lady who hosed you down during your run!! I wish there were more people in the world like that!
Congrats on your amazing works; I'm glad to have found your blog.
I think this calls for a celebration of banana pudding! : ) What? Is that not South Beach friendly? Okay...I'll eat your portion to celebrate! : ) J/K Love ya!
Post a Comment