Now, I don't put my name in the hat for all giveaways, mind you. It isn't that I'm a giveaway snob...it's just that some items I've bought myself by now (Road ID, for example) and some items I've come to discover I just plain won't use (sunglasses, for example). Stop right there, you are probably thinking...I don't use sunglasses??? No, I don't. I don't even use them in regular world - well...to be fair, very rarely. I'll probably have squinty wrinkles in a few years as a direct result of this. As far as running world goes, I just can't do it. The one time I tried, I was miserable - sweat, fog, sweaty fog...I much rather wear a hat and keep my gaze low.
I read this blog written by a runner named Beth called Shut Up and Run! I don't even remember how I happened across it, but the first blog I read of hers was all about her family participating in a 5K and it was truly hilarious - like I laughed out loud kinda funny! So Beth recently posted a giveaway for three $10 giftcards to Subway since Subway had given her a giftcard to try their breakfast sandwiches. I've been wanting to try one because their English Muffins are whole wheat and I can eat whole wheat, so I entered the giveaway. I just looked at my dashboard to see what new posts were out and about and low and behold, Beth posted her Subway Giveaway winners and I discovered I won one of the three gift cards. Yay! Not only that, but Beth posted my win in a really awesome way:
"Kim from To Dream the Kimpossible Dream. This lady has lost 106 pounds since March 2009. I know. Talk about determination and motivation. Kim you look incredible. If you haven’t yet visited her webpage, do so. She has this really cool slideshow that takes you through her weight loss milestones."
So, after a really very rough day at work, y'all, this made my day. Now I'm off to bed to get my beauty sleep so that I can be refreshed and rejuvenated for a fantastic EARLY morning run tomorrow. What made your day? Have you won any giveaways?

5 comments:
I love my famous Kimska! : )
I came here via Beth's blog - congratulations on your amazing weight loss!!! I'm looking forward to reading your archives. :)
Congrats! I saw that you won, I absolutely love Beth's blog, she is soooooo funny. Glad your day turned around. :)
nicely done, Kim! Let me know how your milage goes today!
I know what you mean about entering blog contests. I've won 1 (something I really wanted) and it's probably the 3rd one I've entered and ever will.
Congratulations! Enjoy your gift cards.
Post a Comment