Always be prepared, just like a Girl Scout, that's my theory. I was one, you know?! Many, many moons ago in a galaxy far, far away known as Aurora, CO. I wore a green that is flattering on nobody other than the leprechauns and went door to door selling cookies once called Samoas but now referred to as Caramel DeLites. We had year round school in this strange galaxy, but alas...in typical me fashion, I digress.
Tonight is Tuesday and this means I went over to Meliska and Greggy-D's house. It's pretty much a weekly thing that started with watching LoSt on whatever night it came on since it kept switching and then because LoSt had a cRaZy schedule of being on and off hiatus during weird intervals, we decided to keep our little weekly thing going because it's awesome to hang with friends and good friends are hard to come by these days, wouldn't you agree?
Lately, we've been watching movies - some good, some bad, but regardless...the company is always the selling point! Sometimes it's just me that can make it and other times we have additional friends that can partake in our weekly fun. Tonight, we had Heather and Todd - yay!!!
Greggy-D makes the most amazing food - anything and everything you could possibly imagine like homemade bread, pies, pizza, ravioli, and even his famous popcorn. Since starting my diet plan just over a year ago, one of the changes I had to make in my life was to learn how to just say "No." Another change I had to make was to bring a substitution so that I would not feel deprived.
South Beach does allow popcorn in Phase 2, but sadly not the kind Greggy-D makes (homemade kettle corn) - though it sure does look and smell amazing. I bring my own popcorn. I enjoy the Jolly Time 100 Calorie Healthy Pop variety. For those of you doing Weight Watchers, it's only 1 point! It sure is delicious, somewhat nutritious, and definitely hits the spot when you want to participate in the whole movie viewing experience without the guilt or the cheat.
We watched "The Book of Eli". Have you seen it yet? I remember watching the preview in the theater and having no desire to see it because it seemed like such a dark film. It was actually a really amazing movie and I completely recommend it!
Seen any good movies lately? Made any good choices/substitutions lately? Are you prepared???
.jpg)
2 comments:
One of the things I gave up when I married was the movie-going. Hubby doesn't like the big screen, and it's no fun without him, so I hardly ever see them anymore (unless it's a girls' night out!).
Your Girl Scout diversion reminds me of the year that I ate ALL of the cookies that I sold. Yes, all of them. And my mom had to come up with the money that I owed for them. No wonder that year was a pudgy year...My favorite? Thin Mints. But those Samoas were a close second....
I love this blog! : ) You are so good at sticking to the diet even though we always have too many tempting things around. You are much better at it than I am, my friend! : )
Post a Comment