Tuesday, September 21, 2010

negative split, yeah baby (and some randomness)

We have customers this week named Austin Powers and Mike Myers.  Weird, right?  My brother, Eddie, would like to add that we also have a customer named George Jung, but my brother-in-law Jay and I had no idea who that is/was, so Jay looked it up on IMDB.com and found out it was Johnny Depp's character in the movie Blow.  Um...okay Eddie...thanks for adding that one to the list.  Who would know that?!

Okay, back to business....

I set out to do a 3 mile run on Monday night.  My usual time of 7:15pm was not the wisest choice considering the obvious change in lighting these days.   Ooops.  I'm not used to running in the darkishness.  It's weird.  Ah well...I guess I need to start getting some appropriate gear for such things.  I'll consult That Pink Girl since she's an expert on darkishness running!  So, my plan was to try to speed things up a bit considering lately I've been averaging around 14 minute miles and I need to average 13:45 in order to hit (not exceed) the 6 hour deadline for the Chevron Houston Marathon.  As I have mentioned before, I was faster while doing my interval method, but somehow running my mileage outright has caused me to be even slower (who knew that was possible?).   Turtle, Turtle, Turtle...

It wasn't hot outside.  That was a bonus.  It was HUMID though.  Are y'all sick of hearing me complain about the humidity?  Yeah, well I'm sick of experiencing it.  One of my cousins up in Chicago Facebooked the other day how if she knew it was going to be Winterish outside, she would have dressed differently for the day.  Winterish?  Are you freakin' kidding me?!  We will settle for Autumnish?!  Can we just have a taste of that, please?!

Oh yes, but I digress (again).

So, the funny thing is that I don't think I've ever had a negative split in my entire running "career" until now.  No, no, my little lamb chops, it has eluded me for 8 months.  Not only did I get a negative split, but according to my Garmin, I also hit 7:22 (briefly).  Turns out ol' Kim couldn't make it 3 miles cuz she had to use the bathroom STAT.  Yes, I'm speaking of myself in the 3rd person for some weird reason.  Anyway, I ran my heart out home which meant cutting my run a half a mile short.  I ended up averaging 13:22, though for the evening.  I don't know if that's fair considering the...uh...extenuating circumstances, though.  =P

The parentals are leaving me again.  Yes, this means dog duty at their house.  I'll be getting my run on in their neighborhood starting tonight.  Maybe some different scenery will do a girl good?  Time will tell.

Oh...if you have not yet had the pleasure of tasting Laughing Cow's Mozzarella, Sundried Tomato, and Basil wedges, I recommend them.  They were one of the new flavors supposedly released a few months ago, though I just now found them at Kroger on Sunday.  Hmmmm....  They remind me of the sundried tomato cream cheese from Panera. 

And then one last thing...I watched that new show on NBC last night called The Event.  Loved it!  Thoughts?

On that note...peace out!

3 comments:

That Pink Girl said...

You are totally going to make your time! Just remember it won't be 99 and 100% humidity on race day. Okay, it might be 80 and 75% humidity...but that's still a break, right? :o)
All you need is a good headlamp. I have the small clippy kind and frankly, it really doesn't offer much light. I have a miner style that is waaay nerdier, but provides much more light and safety. Only drawback is you really have to wear a hat. Eh.
I must try to find the tomato basil cheese. I just discovered Laughing Cow and am IN LOVE!

Melting Candy said...

Girl you crack me up!!!! And I totally agree, some Autumn like weather would be nice (=

Keep at it girl, you are going to make your time. I told my hubby all about you the other night... I told him that your my new found hero.... I love how your like "oh, and 3 miles down I".... I'm currently saying "well at 3 minuntes in"

Keep it up honey!

Melissa-D said...

The weather will be much better for Houston, so that will make it a bit easier for you. You could always hold your bladder the entire race, and then you would finish really fast...or pee on yourself. Hmm...maybe that's not such a wise idea. : ) PS. I need to try this new Laughing Cow. It sounds wonderful!