Last night, after I finished restocking my parent's refrigerator (as a result of one of the weekend's incidents), I got back into the spirit of my menu. That is to say...I continued with my plan of preparing food for the week.
I started off by making some guacamole. This will be used for my lunches. I bought some La Tortilla Factory whole wheat (lots o' fiber) tortillas and my plan is to have guacamole, spinach, turkey roll-ups. I will eat this with a side of veggies - sliced cucumbers and colored peppers - and I'm thinking of having some strawberries and maybe a Kroger Carb-Master yogurt. I made my guac (though I didn't think to take pictures) with avocados, fresh squeezed lime juice, diced tomatoes, diced white onion, minced garlic, and Adobo seasoning. I pretty much have an Adobo addiction, by the way. I use it on just about everything. My mom thinks I'm nuts because then everything tastes the same, but I beg to differ.
Next came the quiche. Since starting South Beach (well over a year ago), I always make my quiches crust-less. Normally I put meat in them, but this time I decided to go veggie. I preheated the oven to 350 degrees, diced up white onion and tomato, and then sliced some mushrooms.
I whisked 4 eggs in a bowl and then I added 1/4 or so of Light Mayo and whisked that in. Now it looks kinda clumpy, but that's okay. Next, I added in 1 1/3 cup of reduced fat Mexi-blend cheese. Finally, the onion and tomato were tossed in. Oh, but wait...and I seasoned it all up with...YES, YOU GUESSED IT...Adobo. Take that, Mom! =P
I took a corningware round dish and sprayed it with Pam and then threw in some Spinach and the sliced mushrooms.
Then I added the egg, cheese, onion, tomato mixture on top and put it in the oven on 350 degrees for an hour.
Once it came out of the oven, I remembered I hadn't had dinner yet and decided a slice of quiche isn't just for breakfast, so I divided the dish into 4 servings and had me a piece. Delish!
So, breakfast this morning is a slice of this little piece of heaven, a banana, and a handful of almonds.
Some dinners being planned for this week include - shrimp & oatmeal (a play off of shrimp and grits) and fig pizza. Both ideas taken off of blogs. I'm getting gourmet experimental and it feels good.
What's on your plate?




5 comments:
Mmm, avocado makes everything yummier! Love the stuff! Just reading your post makes me want a creamy avocado full of healthy fats! Delish.
Crustless quiche huh? I have to be in the mood for eggs. Even when I think that I am, sometimes I'm wrong and then just can't bring myself to eat them. Eh.
Weight loss while marathon training is HARD. You are burning so many calories you are always feeling hungry! And I always head to the unwise choices 'cause they sinus so satisfying. But you are a smart chicky, you know what to do. Keep up the great work!
You're super awesome do you know that? WE NEED A COOKING DATE :) can I just watch you make things and drool over them? ;)
I agree, weight loss is hard during training... I've noticed my weight loss has slowed down since I've been running more... always always hungry, but its worth fighting for right? Do all we gotta do. You look fantastic by the way. Loved your outfit Saturday!
YUM! Your food blogs make this preggo hungry! : )
About author:is to a team, but is also a sign of unity and team spirit We weren't close because we were scratching and tryin to fight and hang in these games, we are close because we are a good team and we should be winning games and that was the mindset We focus on the needs and suggestions of our customers- There is also an option of buying these NFL football jerseys online on internet Vick's diversity in football allows him to be happy not only as quarterback but at a variety of positions
There's the only real manufacturer which makes genuine inexpensive MLB Cheap Steeler Jerseys jerseysAn extremely marketable player outside of football, Manning has appeared in numerous commercials, was featured on the covers of the Fever games for the Xbox, hosted an episode of Saturday Night Live, and guest-voiced on The Simpsons, along with his brothers, Eli and Cooper Business has aswell taken a variety of promotions, for after the Christmas getaways, and again embark a Super Bowl sales frenzyAs well as although Clausen welcomed your pet in terms of the copy theory Thursday night, they have not necessarily surrendering his functionThe Bills won two consecutive American Football League titles in 1964 and 1965, but the club has not won a league championship since then
These experts would also suggest that teachers and educators should possess the ability to earn a students respect by teaching and instructing rather than dominatingThe newest vendor on the market is Venum, located in Brazil, and the company is taking the MMA world by storm And it is obvious to know that there are many fans of the players, so we have no doubt that the fans will go to buy the clothing of their images without any hesitationNHL jerseys may not be limited to Hockey eaters, but for anyone folks who such as the pattern associated with He is not only a few in MLB and in NFL players, but play only one in the two league all-star
[url=http://www.officialtexansfanstore.com/brooks-reed-jersey-cheap]Womens Brooks Reed Jersey[/url]
[url=http://www.redskinsnflprostore.com/alfred-morris-jersey-elite-c-6_55.html]alfred morris nike jersey[/url]
[url=http://www.redskinsnflprostore.com/josh-morgan-jersey-elite-c-6_27.html]Josh Morgan Jersey[/url]
[url=http://louboutinshop.co.uk]christian louboutin outlet uk[/url] Air charters depart from Winnipeg. [url=http://dkgoose.com]Canada Goose jakker[/url] Vuajcdeel [url=http://canadagoosesweden.com]canada goose jacka[/url]
drrhiz 750581 [url=http://www.canadagoosestorontofactory.ca]canada goose where to buy[/url] 717618 [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkas.ca]canada goose jackets montreal[/url]
Post a Comment