This past weekend was slightly unique because an extra dog got thrown into the mix. Normally it's just my two rugrats plus the Oliver. Younger sister Linda and her husband Craig had planned a weekend getaway, however, BEFORE my parents had planned on their own little last minute jaunt. This meant I inherited the responsibility of watching the Coco.
On Friday, Linda called me on her way home from work. To be honest, Linda calls me almost everyday on her way home from work, so this was not out of the ordinary. I just wasn't able to talk to her because my dad and I were talking, so I told her I would call her back. About 30 minutes later, she called the office number asking to speak to our dad. Um...rude, but okay, so I made him go take care of her which ended my conversation with my father. Their conversation was brief and shortly thereafter, I headed out the door, calling Linda as I left. I asked her if they had left the house yet and she said they were backing out of the driveway right then. I asked if she wanted to meet me somewhere and I would take Cocopuff over to my parent's house. She said she had asked my dad (that's why she had called) if they could drop her off at the office and he could bring her home, but he told her it would be closer to Lake Charles for her to bring Coco to the house herself. She also told me she didn't want to inconvenience me. How in the world can it be closer??? What inconvenience?! My dogs were at my parent's house, so I had to go retrieve them anyway (for the one night). We agreed to meet up at Walmart and then they did the drop off and headed on their way. Coco was so sweet in the car. She rode to my parent's house in the passenger seat, so calmly...so unlike my own beasts. I prefer to remember her like that instead of who she became when around The Others.
I'm thankful my parents got to witness the domination that occurred under Coco's regime. This way nobody (and by nobody, I mean Linda) could accuse me of making up stories. Basically, she was a bone hoarder and an instigator and got put on time out (sent to the cage) while the other dogs got to frolic and play.
Saturday night was our only night all together...5 little monkeys sleeping in a bed. Oh yeah...it was like that. You see, we all know I begrudgingly admit my two little love muffins sleep with me. Oliver splits his time between his dog bed and my parent's bed, so naturally when I dogsit, he does the same...half the time he is in his dog bed and half the time he is up on the bed with us. Coco sleeps with Linda and Craig. So...who was I to disappoint all the dogs?! Poor blind Penelli just wanted to sleep. Oliver just wanted to lay his big giant head on some part of my body and the other two...well let's just say I'm shocked one of them just didn't pee on me to claim me as their own. There was a lot of yelling, there was some growling, there were some threats of caging and eventually everyone settled down.
I did have some funny moments to share from our weekend together and even some pictures! First of all, both Delilah and Coco are caged when the humanoids leave the premises. My parents keep a cage at their house and whoever is there gets to use it, but with both D and C over there, I had to bring my cage over there for when I was out galivanting around. The funny thing was that Coco would go into my parent's cage first and then Delilah would join her as opposed to going into her own. That's a lot of dog for one cage.
I caught a couple of pics of Coco and her bone hoarding. She was so concerned with one of the dogs stealing her bone while she was eating that she brought it into the laundry room with her and then put the bone inside her food bowl while she ate around it.
Here is a pic of her bone hoarding in case you didn't believe me.
Here is a pic of Oliver. It was hard to come by as every time I tried to take his picture, he would get up and walk away or turn his head. He was playing hard to get, so this one is a little blurry.
Then there is the Delilah. It's a very up close and personal picture because she was...well...um...up close and personal. Sometimes she thinks she is a lap dog. =/
And then last, but not least, there is my sweet Penelope. I find this picture to be so precious! I'm not sure why I can't right side up the picture...I've tried, but it still posts it like this. Oh well!
Okay, I'm done discussing dogs (for now).





2 comments:
Awww.... look at all those sweet faces! I love dogs, they can be so much..... to handle, but fun all at the same time!
Glad you survived!
Ha...I don't know how you slept!
Post a Comment