I woke up at 5:30am on Saturday for my run. Our start time was changed to 7:00am starting this week because it is not getting lighter until later. I felt...weird...and then realized I was still sick if you catch my drift. I thought about still going, but then I knocked some sense into myself, took some Imodium, and went back to bed. I ended up sleeping another 3 hours and 45 minutes for a grand total of almost 11 hours of sleep. Whoa! That's cRaZy for me. I must have needed it.
My family had decided to meet earlier for our lunch since one of older sister Cathy's high school buddies was in town and Cathy, her husband Jay, and I were going to a movie and early dinner with him. So, the fam went to BJs. Younger sister Linda and her husband Craig didn't join us as they were still feeling blah. After lunch, I wanted to head to the library to return some books and to check out a couple of new ones, but Cathy insisted we go to JC Penny so that she could find me a dress to wear to our cousin Rachel's wedding coming up in October. I begrudgingly went along with her plan and then was quite thankful I did when she picked out a dress for me that ended up being $70 regular price...on sale for $35...with a 15% off coupon which meant with tax it rang up for $32 and some change. Now that is a deal for a nice black dress that I can definitely wear again (though I had hoped for a different color)!
I still had time to go to the library and exchange my books - yay! Then I went to the movie theater. We saw The Other Guys with Will Ferrell and Marky Mark. I hadn't even seen a preview, so I had zero expectation. I definitely laughed several times, but I'd say it's more of a renter than a "must see" in the theater.
After the movie, we headed over to Pappadeaux's. I haven't been there in ages. In the past, I always ordered the shrimp brochette which are bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed with jack cheese and jalapeño slivers all served over a big bed of dirty rice and a side of lemon butter which I would have poured over the top of the shrimp and dirty rice. I also would have indulged in several slices of the french bread and butter served before the meal. I won't lie to you and tell you I was a perfect angel during the meal...there were some healthier options, but I ordered the stuffed shrimp montage which were crab stuffed shrimp served with a bit of parmesan cheese sauce on each shrimp (not swimming in it, thankfully) and a side of green beans which I ordered without butter/oil. I, of course, did not partake in the bread.
I then went home and watched the series premiere of Outlaw on my DVR - it's a new show on NBC starring Jimmy Smits. Love him (especially since his performance in Dexter Season 3)! My dad had recommended the show to me, so I decided to record it when they re-aired it. It was a great show and I look forward to more episodes. I also watched the season premiere of Parenthood. This was one of my favorite shows last season - so glad to see its return! Then I headed to bed in hopes of getting some good sleep so that I could maybe get in some mileage on Sunday.
On Sunday, I was mostly a lazy bum. I did manage a couple of miles. At first I was disappointed with myself having hoped for more, but then I was like "ease up there, tiger" since I hadn't run in over a week. I kinda think I'm my own worst critic/enemy/nightmare lately.
Late afternoon, I headed over to the parental's house for another fashion show of sorts. This meant I tried on my $32 dress for my parents. They ooohed and ahhhed over it. Then Cathy tried on 3 different dresses for us and we had to choose which 2 we liked best. I threw back some leftover taco salad my mom had in the fridge, so I wasn't hungry when she suggested that we all go to Sweet Tomatoes, so I went Krogering instead and then to home sweet home.
As usual, there were so many things I should have done....could have done....but alas....there's always next weekend, now isn't there?!
How might your weekend have been? Was it raindrops and roses?
3 comments:
my weekend was raindrops - the rainy season has begun! there were glimpses of sunshine but I realized that I miss the gray days :)
Glad you're (maybe) feeling better! You will be back on the pavement soon, I can feel it!
yay for a great deal on a dress!
Double yay for you starting to feel better!
top [url=http://www.001casino.com/]free casino games[/url] check the latest [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/]casino las vegas[/url] manumitted no deposit perk at the best [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]baywatchcasino.com
[/url].
Post a Comment