Monday, May 24, 2010

Sunday Funday

It was nice not to set an alarm. I just slept until I woke up...naturally...sorta. I mean Penelope has been on this 4:30 to 4:45am kick lately where she is just certain the green grass is calling her name, so we got up then. Then I flipped over a few times after that and with every flip Delilah was certain that meant she either got to eat her breakfast and/or go chase the squirrels. I nipped those dreams in the bud turbo fast. So, we slept until 8:45am. Not late by any normal person's standards, but for me...well it might as well have been 10:00am. Ahhhh....




The legs were (and still are) sore from Saturday's run, but I like it!





So here was what was on tap for Sunday:





Went to the gym for a little over an hour. Did 35 minutes on the elliptical and then 30 on the bike. Then I came home to rinse off, change into my bathing suit, grab the dogs, and head over to my parent's house. Younger sister Linda joined me. I didn't have too much time over there because of the LoSt Finale event, but more on that later!




Linda brought over her doggy, Coco, and I, of course brought over my two beasts. Since I got to the house first and my parents were nowhere to be found, I let Oliver, their pup, out of jail (their bathroom) and allowed blind Penelope and Ollie to roam the backyard with my supervision since there is a pool. After about 15 minutes and still no sign of Linda (but maybe a phone call telling me she was on her way), I locked both Penelope and Oliver up and Delilah and I went swimming. My parents have a grotto under the waterfall in their pool. There were apparently 3 frogs in the grotto and Delilah and I scared 2 of them into jumping in the pool. Delilah became obsessed with the frogs. Once Coco came over, she joined in on the crazed operation to capture the frogs. The thing about Coco is that she is perfectly content with getting on the first step in the pool, but that's where her comfort zone ends. Coco ended up in the pool twice - once having fallen from the rock waterfall while on the hunt of one of the elusive frogs. Delilah kept pawing at them and sticking her nose in the water along the edge. She, too, went head first once and then swam countless laps. Twice Coco succeeded in actually getting one - once she went so far as to physically remove it from the pool. I was so scared she killed it, but thankfully on closer inspection (Linda thought I was going to give it mouth-to-mouth, but I just wanted to flip it over right side up) it was just playing dead and after getting a false sense of security, leapt right back in the pool again. After about 30 minutes of this craziness, I finally saved the frogs by using foam noodles and putting them back in the grotto. Once I brought peace and harmony back to the oasis, my parents appeared. Apparently they had been golfing and could hear our screams from the golf course. Nice. Apparently they were not so thrilled I allowed the frogs to maintain residence in the grotto. Not so nice. =/

Here are 2 pics from their...ahem...heroic efforts. If you look closely, you can see one of the "culprits" in each picture in the water.



Next, went back home to shower and change. Fed the dogs (early) because I was going to be heading to the Fairfield area to watch the LoSt season finale at Meliska's parent's house. I left the house with enough time to stop at the Outlet Mall on my way because I wanted to pick-up some SMALLER JEANS. Yes, folks...looks like I have graduated...er...downsized from size 18 to size 16. Maybe the scale isn't showing the results as fast as I'd like, but I'd say the ol' body is definitely demonstrating the signs. This is a drop in 5 sizes in less than 11 months. How can a girl complain about that?! =)




After my very quick shopping trip, I headed to the Lost finale viewing party. Meliska's mom was so awesome and made us a brisket dinner and basically waited on us hand and foot throughout the evening. She is so sweet!!!




Thoughts on the finale - I'm still processing it. I had decided a few weeks ago that I was okay with not having answers to all my questions...what was most important to me was something else entirely and I don't want to explain it on this forum in case you haven't seen it yet. I found myself getting emotional throughout the 2 1/2 hour show last night - for several different reasons and overall, I found the whole thing to be...bittersweet.




I will also add that for the past 3 years of the 6 years the show has been running, I have joined together with my friends (Meliska, Greggy-D, Todd, Joe, and others on occasion) to watch it, so I will miss our comraderie, discussion, and confusion. I look forward to the next show we can all bond over! =)




Hope you, too, had a Sunday Funday (but maybe minus the frogs)!





1 comment:

That Pink Girl said...

You are so right, sleeping until 8:45 is like you won a big prize! Glad you had ones of those kind of fun days. Soak 'em up - it's what memories are made of!