Friday, May 21, 2010

Summertime, Fridays, and some Food

Summertime is officially here. You probably think I'm referring to the season, but nope...I'm not. I'm referring to my job. Summertime = STRESS. I would say every day it's like I take a jigsaw puzzle out of a box, dumping the pieces out in front of me not knowing where to start. I finally will begin to put together the framework and feel a false sense of confidence that everything is going to be okay and then someone comes along and scatters said framework all over the desk forcing me to start over again. Once I get the frame back together and start working on the inside, seeing the big picture start to form, another person comes along and knocks the whole thing to the floor. Discouraged, I once again start from scratch and work my magic. Then there is the person who comes along and steals one of the pieces...well that's when things get really interesting, needless to say. Secretly, maybe I even like that challenge because I can get *very* creative.

Anyway, not to toot my own horn, but I'm quite good at what I do as long as you let me do my thing. I don't welcome interruption. I don't like being told "no". I don't want anything to do with people who cause me undue stress BECAUSE all those things distract me from working the magic (and make me want chocolate, but that's a whole different issue).

So, basically by the end of a Friday I am drained...not physically, but mentally and emotionally (because I take everything VERY personally) and all I want to do is have some kind of enjoyable dinner, soak in my tub, listen to some tunes, maybe read a bit, and call it a night. I, of course, am not currently dating someone, so I *totally* reserve the right to amend my Friday night's desires if/when that status changes. ;)

That brings us to tonight. I went to H.E.B. to pick me up some sushi. I'm a total mcwimpy when it comes to sushi. Basically I can only handle those rolls with the avocado, pepper, imitation crab meat, and cream cheese all rolled up with brown rice. I don't even know what they are called. I just know they are delicious and make me happy.

Oh and you know what else made me happy? Flatout makes these Artisan Flatbread fold outs that I am obsessed with - there is a 5 grain flax one that is only 100 calories with all kinds of great nutrition and I used to always be able to find them at H.E.B., but then they became popular and I couldn't find them anymore UNTIL TONIGHT! I saw two packages and I became a greedy mcgreedy and bought both of them because the good Lord knows when I will find them again - I mean it's been like 3 months since I've last seen them, y'all. Can't wait to make pizzas and quesadillas and all kinds of awesomeness with these things (they are totally South Beach friendly)! I then came home to my pups. I took my bubble bath. Now I'm listening to music, relaxing, and thinking all kinds of successful thoughts for my 7 mile run tomorrow. I'm gonna get me a good night sleep and be refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready for whatever the weekend dishes out!

What are your weekend plans?

2 comments:

Bring Pretty Back said...

98 pounds dwn! Oh my gosh! Thats amazing! Good for you!
I have never had sushi in my life - and iZ really dpon' ever see it happening! ( :
I love that flatbread too! I also make quesadilla's and always add black beans to them. DELISH!
7 mile run! I can't even imagine!wow!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said...

I've only had the regular flat outs. Hope your run went well this morning!