Below is something I bought last year from Amazon.com when I went on a cruise with my siblings. It's a straw beach mat that you can either put directly in the sand or up in your beach or pool chair.
Then there is this nifty little pouch I also purchased last year from Academy. It is waterproof and ideal for holding your iPod, camera, and anything else you may be concerned about getting wet.
Since we are going all-inclusive and I'm going to try to stay on my diet as much as possible, but still enjoy myself, I was trying to think of some things I could bring with me to help. Of course I'm bringing a box of snack bars with me. Though I mostly eat South Beach snack bars, there are some Atkins bars I eat depending on the nutritional information (Atkins has a tendency to be a much higher fat diet). I discovered these bars a couple of weeks ago and really enjoy them. They are 120 calories, 5 grams of fat, 8 grams of fiber, and 10 grams of protein.
Since I started my journey over 10 months ago, I have SEVERELY cut back on the alcohol consumption. I very rarely drink...first and foremost, it's empty calories. Secondly, it goes straight to my head. Finally, it doesn't really fit in with my training schedule. I do recognize, however, that being at an all-inclusive resort on a vacation means that I most likely will partake in some drinking, BUT I want to minimize the amount of sugar/calories I consume. Technically, South Beach allows wine. I'm a wimpy wine drinker and sometimes wine makes me feel sick. My solution...I figure I can always order a shot of vodka, a bottle of water, and a glass of ice. I will then add a portion of a packet of this (or any other flavor I so choose):

Can't forget the sunscreen! I'm bringing 2 different SPFs - 15 and 30 and in the spray-on variety because I find it provides a nice even coverage and dries quickly. I also bought a separate SPF 30 face specific sunscreen because I have worked very hard to get my face acne-free and I plan on maintaining it that way. I also purchased lip balm with SPF 45. I can't stand when my lips are chapped or burned. To complete the skin-care portion, what trip to the tropics should be embarked upon without aloe vera (just in case)?!?!

Last, but not least...what trip would be complete without a travel gnome? My friend Meliska gave him to me a long, long time ago (we became friends over a mutual love for the movie Amelie, garden gnomes, scary movies, and all things European). I forget him every time I go on vacation, but NOT THIS TIME! He is already in my suitcase and ready to go on his very first trip! Be on the look-out for pics from my trip - it might be like a Where's Waldo kinda deal! =P

1 comment:
Yay!! I love the fact that you are taking Gnomer! It makes me feel as if I'm on the trip with you!! : )
Post a Comment