
I am a travelin' fool this year!
It all starts with my flight this coming Saturday to Playa del Carmen for 5 days / 4 nights in paradise with Amy. For the story on how we got 3 of those nights and the flight free, visit here.
I then remain Houston-grounded until I depart for Chicago on July 30th. Do you know why I'm heading to The Windy City? Yep, that's right...my very first half marathon - the Chicago Rock 'n Roll Half on August 1st. It's a short trip, though. My very mean boss whom I often refer to as "dad" is making me return home that Sunday night so that I will be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed (yeah right) to work first thing on Monday morning. Summer is our busy season at work, you see, and work just couldn't deal without me for a morning. I should feel honored... =/
Next on the list is trip #2 to Chicago for Labor Day. My family is flying in for my cousin's bridal shower (amongst other festivities) and to take advantage of the 3 day holiday weekend to visit with relatives.
Then, on October 10th, I have a wedding to attend in Scottsdale, AZ (yay) for that very same cousin, Rachel, who will *finally* be marrying her one true love, Austin!
Can you believe that the next stop will be trip #3 to Chicago?!?! It's true - annual management meetings will be scheduled for November 12-13. My father and I always stay for an extra day, though, since my brother will also be flying in from D.C. with his wife, April, and it gives us some more time to visit with our family.
After that, my immediate family will bypass our usual trip to Viva Las Vegas and head to Disney World instead! My parents rented an amazing house with 5 master bedrooms and 2 additional spares plus a swimming pool and lots of other cool ammenities for 9 days! I haven't been to Disney World since 1992 - I'm thinking it's changed a lot since then! We also plan on going to Universal Studios which makes me particularly excited because of the new Harry Potter World!
Then it's back to Chicago for the 4th time to celebrate Christmas! Man...I sure do hope I won't wear out my welcome at my Aunt Patty and Uncle David's house - 4 visits in a year is a record!
That's a total of 12,744 miles! I think that just upped my mileage enough to get me a free ticket. Can't wait until 2011 when I can put it to good use!
2 comments:
The Family trip to Disney Land will be so enjoyable and memorable for you it will be really much fun filled and entertaining with a lot of adventure in Disney and many new attractions are also there for you to enjoy.
I wanna go somewhere!!
Post a Comment