
After my 10 day hiatus from exercise, I kicked exercise in the shins today, stuck my tongue out at it, and sang a VERY obnoxious "Na-Na-Na Boo Boo" while shaking my tail feather at it!
Here's how it all went down...
The dogs and I woke up naturally at 6:45 am (yeah, I know...we are nutty). We sauntered around a bit...I fed them, took my thyroid pill, waited my obligatory 30+ minutes, ate my "healthy for my heart" H.E.B. brand oatmeal, then headed to the park for an undetermined run. It was HUMID (all caps for a reason, my friends). I did 3 miles - relatively easily - decided it was the perfect amount to get me back into the swing of things and yet not too much to leave me crippled from the planned 5 miles I want to do tomorrow.
I swung back by the house and took my blind little wonderpup, Penelope, for her first walk around the block post-surgery. She really enjoyed her exploratory adventure. I dropped her back off and then picked up Delilah for a nice mile jaunt (hearing Penelope screaming bloody murder for the first block because she couldn't believe we abandoned her - apparently forgetting she already had her turn).
I came home and finished my vacation food blog and then headed to the gym. While at the gym, I ran another mile on the treadmill. I'm trying to get myself gradually accustomed to it in case there comes a time when I am forced to do "real" mileage on it. I then headed to the bike for 30 minutes (10.75 miles). After the bike, I sauntered over to the elliptical for 30 minutes on the glute program plus a 5 minute cool-down which meant another 3 miles.
My hip feels fantastic! One of my knees is a bit tender - not the one that gave me trouble when I tried to run my 9 miles, though. No...it's the other one....this one narrowly escaped hyper-extension a couple of weeks ago when I slipped on some water one of the dogs dripped on the kitchen floor. Then throughout my stay in Playa, I kept coming *this* close to falling as a result of some slippery floors - all of this put some more stress on the same knee. Oye - can't a girl catch a break?!
Point is, I might have been a lazy mclazy for 10 days, but I am back full force with my mission clear and *most* of my body ready to take on whatever challenges may come its way.
3 comments:
AWESOME! Good job.
Wow! You are back in full force - good for YOU!!!
You're a monster! ...a good one! : )
Post a Comment