Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I'm going for a French look.


I don't like to wear shorts. I never have, actually. It sounds cRaZy in the summer heat of Houston to avoid them, I know, BUT still...I do. I wear capris, skirts, dresses, and jeans...anything and everything, BUT no shorts. I won't even run in shorts. I run wearing uber awesome Nike capris.

I was out handling my business during my lunch break yesterday which translates to running errands (big shocker, I know) when I decided to pop my head into Old Navy. I have never been able to fit into anything they sell in that store. I've always had to buy from their on-line PLUS size catalogue. I wore a blue dress many-a-times last summer that I bought through those means. It was a 3X and fit me perfectly. I needed a new summer dress (or at least something to hold me over for now until I need the next size down), I tried on this cute little number (in the biggest size they carry, but still...) AND IT FIT and so I bought it:
So, up above I'm wearing it with a red flower in my hair and going for a French look - maybe more of a Gondolier, but hey...humor me!!!


How cool is it to finally start fitting in clothes in normal sizes?!

7 comments:

Allie said...

That's awesome! I LOVE the flower too, so cute!!!

Ginger said...

Oh, that dress is SO CUTE!!! You look just like a li'l French girl!!
I love Old Navy. I'm gonna have to pop my head in there this week.

It IS so cool to wear normal-sized clothes!! I just bought a size large pants and 'bout cried. I've been in an XL (and sometimes XXL) most of my life.

What do you have planned for the big 100??!! You are soooooo close.

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said...

Woot Woot! That's awesome girl! I love your flower. It's adorable.

Tami@NutmegNotebook said...

Congratulations on being able to buy something at Old Navy! That dress is so cute!

I am new to your blog and I am enjoying reading it.

Lindsay said...

That is awesome! You are way to cute :)

Bring Pretty Back said...

Beyond cool you are in regular sizes! Good for you!!! also,that dress is GREAT!

Melissa-D said...

What a hottie you are! : )