Here's how I made it. First, I browned some 96% lean beef with a chopped up white onion.
While that was a'cookin', I dug out one of my big white bowls and filled it full of fresh spinach leaves. You see, I prefer to use spinach instead of lettuce whenever having a salad as it has greater nutritional content. Next, I diced up a Roma tomato and a small avocado. I drained a can of black beans and added 1/3 of a cup. Then, I halved a lime and squeezed the juice over the top of it all.
By this time, the beef was just about done. I added the taco seasoning mix and a spicy ranch dressing powder packet.
I mixed it together really well and added a half a cup of my beef/onion mixture on top of my salad. Of course, every taco salad needs a dallup of sour cream and some salsa! This is the picture I took before I dug in and started making the pretty picture not so pretty.
I mixed it together really well and added a half a cup of my beef/onion mixture on top of my salad. Of course, every taco salad needs a dallup of sour cream and some salsa! This is the picture I took before I dug in and started making the pretty picture not so pretty.Just as I was raising the fork to my mouth, I realized one VERY important detail I left out. THE CHEESE! How could I forget the "icing on the cake", y'all? I mean if you know me at all, you know that I take the whole "Behold the power of cheese" thing VERY seriously. I quickly put that fork down, darted to my refrigerator, grabbed my brand new bag of 2% 4 cheese Mexican blend and sprinkled a healthy portion upon my salad. Voila - perfection!
You can tell I'm officially back from vacation...I packed a lunch, went to Walmart during my lunch break to buy groceries, and actually cooked dinner. Cheers to a happy, healthy week!!!


3 comments:
Yum! Anything with avocado is right up my alley!
Mmmm...you are making this preggo girl hungry! : )
YUM!!! I am going to the store today and totally making this. My kids will hate it, but I don't care :) Looks FANTASTIC! Oh, and congrats on dropping another jeans size, chickie. You continue to inspire me.
Post a Comment