Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 17: Highs and Lows

And the 30 Day Challenge continues with....

Day 17 - Your highs and lows of this past year.

Since we are only in April, I think it best to use a rolling 12-month period here versus a January to present day time table so we have more material to work with.

So...this means we are looking at April 2010 to April 2011.  I like to consider myself a glass half full kinda gal.  This means I would prefer to start with the negatives (the lows) so we can work our way up to the positives (the highs).

Swing Low 

I had to deal with a hip injury (started in February, but carried into mid May) which affected my running.  I conquered it.

I had to deal with an ex-boyfriend who would not respect boundaries I tried to establish.  Unfortunately, I still hear from him from time to time, but it is becoming less frequent and the methods of contact are becoming less...personal.

I was in a huge dating dry spell.  I literally did not go on a single date from April 2010 until February 2011 (despite being a paying member of eHarmony, Match.com, and even a singles group named Eight Friends Out).

During my second half marathon, I was injured - later discovered it was a pelvic stress fracture, which took away my opportunity to run the Houston Marathon.  I was out of commission for 2 1/2 months.

My almost 7 year old Tahoe's 2nd transmission blew forcing the purchase of a new car (forcing car payments).

I've struggled to continue on my weight loss journey - particularly post injury/recovery.

Sweet Chariot

Hit my 100 lbs gone, but not forgotten.

Ran my first half marathon - Chicago RnR - in August 2010.

Got to go on a free vacation to Playa del Carmen with my Amy last May!



Went on an awesome family vacation to Disney World for Thanksgiving.
 


My pelvis has healed nicely and I've been running pain free for almost 4 free months (Amen!)


I'm signed up for 8 half marathons this year (2 behind me and 6 more to go).

At the Expo for my 1st half marathon for the year - Dallas RnR - That Pink Girl and I got to meet and take a picture with Dan and Jackie from The Biggest Loser Season 5.



I have a new vehicle - 2011 Chevy Traverse named Ruby - meaning there should be no more car woes/worries.


I have a boyfriend!  He's sweet, kind, funny, thoughtful, and just an all around good guy!  He even surprised me with these beautiful flowers on my birthday!  Awwww....



What are some of your HIGHS for the year?

17 comments:

LaShaune said...

Giving you a high-five from Sacramento.

That Pink Girl said...

I love the fillin' the glass analogy! And so excited to see the photo of us with Dan and Jackie. And bam, what kind of bra is that woman wearing? She is well supported - good for HER! :o) (is that a bizzaro thing to say or what?)

Anonymous said...

Hi, just found your blog... I'm another person melting, living in this horrible H-town heat. :) Those are a great series of ups to balance out those downs!

Anonymous said...

Hi, just found your blog... I'm another person melting, living in this horrible H-town heat. :) Those are a great series of ups to balance out those downs!

Anonymous said...

My developer is trying to convince me to move to .

net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the
expenses. But he's tryiong none the less. I've been
using Movable-type on several websites for about a
year and am worried about switching to another platform.
I have heard very good things about blogengine.
net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress posts
into it? Any kind of help would be really appreciated!
Here is my homepage ... kohls coupons 30 percent off

Anonymous said...

Excellent web site you have here.. It's hard to find high-quality writing like yours these days. I truly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!
Feel free to surf my blog post kohls Department store

Anonymous said...

I'll right away clutch your rss as I can't in finding your e-mail subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service.

Do you have any? Please let me recognise so that I
could subscribe. Thanks.
Here is my website ; kohls printable coupons 30 off

Anonymous said...

Hello there! This is my 1st comment here so
I just wanted to give a quick shout out
and say I truly enjoy reading your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over
the same subjects? Thanks!
My blog post ; kohls print coupons

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I just wish to offer you a big thumbs up for
your excellent info you have here on this post.

I will be returning to your web site for more soon.
Here is my webpage - kohls coupons in store printable 2010

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 4! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the excellent work!
My blog post kohls promo coupons

Anonymous said...

Your style is really unique in comparison to other folks I have read stuff from.
Many thanks for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I'll just book mark
this site.
My webpage ; kohls-printable-coupons.Net

Anonymous said...

Its not my first time to pay a visit this site, i am visiting this web site dailly and obtain nice facts from here
every day.
my website: in store kohls coupons printable

Anonymous said...

Saved as a favorite, I like your site!
Also visit my web page kohls Department store jobs

Anonymous said...

After I originally left a comment I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on whenever a comment is added I
get four emails with the exact same comment.
There has to be a means you can remove me from that
service? Thank you!
My blog kohls 30 off printable coupons

Anonymous said...

It's an remarkable article in support of all the online users; they will get benefit from it I am sure.
Here is my web-site ; how to lose weight fast

Anonymous said...

Every weekend i used to pay a visit this web site, as i want
enjoyment, since this this web page conations truly fastidious
funny stuff too.

Look at my web site - pirater un Compte facebook

Anonymous said...

so the players who are Experienced in are operated by the New York racing Connection. [url=http://www.bvnvpaydayloans.co.uk/]payday loans[/url] quick payday loans We are Hither to ply you top On-line casinos sites and erst, but the electric current jackpot is $270,340, more than sufficiency to hold on players hooked. http://www.bvnvpaydayloans.co.uk/