So, I bought a new car this week. Yeah, that's kind of a big deal. I mean besides a house it's the most expensive thing a person buys...or at least this person. It's my second car purchase...I'm practically an old pro. I wheeled and dealed my way into a 2011 Chevy Traverse 2LT. Her name is Ruby. Do you like?
In other news, I found out I will not be able to participate in the 2012 Houston Chevron Marathon as I will be attending my cousin's wedding in Springfield, IL that weekend. Family is very important to my family, so I know that I belong at the wedding. This means that I will be changing my registration for The Woodlands half marathon to the full marathon. This gives me 6 more weeks to train and an extra hour to complete the race (as compared to Houston). A win/win situation, perhaps?
So, what's in store for April? The parentals leave for vacation tomorrow which means I will be pulling dog duty at their house for an entire week. Perhaps this go-around I will actually take advantage of their home gym. Yes?
I have the Tomball Bunny Run 5K on April 9th. This is my second repeat race for the year and my second 5K for the year. Consequently, last year's run gave me my current PR. I'm hoping to outdo myself and PR-it again. It's possible cuz I am KIMpossible. yeah...and a total cheeseball, clearly. Lauren and Meredith are going to be running their hearts out with me. Who else is in?
Later that night, I have a date to the Rocket's Game (and killer seats, I might add)!
On April 20th, my brother and sister-in-law are coming into town to celebrate Easter. I was thinking I was going to be an only child that day as both of my sisters are abandoning the family on Easter in favor of theirstupid tropical vacations, but I'm not bitter or anything. I haven't seen Eddie and April since Thanksgiving, so I am excited about their visit!
On April 23rd, I will run my 2nd half marathon for the year - The Hippity Roc Half in Cypress, TX. If I get my lazy booty into gear and if it isn't too hot out there, who knows, perhaps another PR? I'm on a roll here!
Of course, we know that April 24th is Easter AND it's my double cousin Danielle's birthday - 17 - ye gads.
Last, but not least, I leave out on April 30th for my vacation.
What big plans are in store for YOU this month?
So, what's in store for April? The parentals leave for vacation tomorrow which means I will be pulling dog duty at their house for an entire week. Perhaps this go-around I will actually take advantage of their home gym. Yes?
I have the Tomball Bunny Run 5K on April 9th. This is my second repeat race for the year and my second 5K for the year. Consequently, last year's run gave me my current PR. I'm hoping to outdo myself and PR-it again. It's possible cuz I am KIMpossible. yeah...and a total cheeseball, clearly. Lauren and Meredith are going to be running their hearts out with me. Who else is in?
Later that night, I have a date to the Rocket's Game (and killer seats, I might add)!
On April 20th, my brother and sister-in-law are coming into town to celebrate Easter. I was thinking I was going to be an only child that day as both of my sisters are abandoning the family on Easter in favor of their
On April 23rd, I will run my 2nd half marathon for the year - The Hippity Roc Half in Cypress, TX. If I get my lazy booty into gear and if it isn't too hot out there, who knows, perhaps another PR? I'm on a roll here!
Of course, we know that April 24th is Easter AND it's my double cousin Danielle's birthday - 17 - ye gads.
Last, but not least, I leave out on April 30th for my vacation.
What big plans are in store for YOU this month?


2 comments:
I like your new ride. It's on my short list for my next new car.
Sounds like you are going to have a busy April. I hope it is a great month for you.
Ahhhh. New car smell- yum yum!
Whew...busy month for you. No plans for me other than an apt full of new furniture - woo hoo!!!
Post a Comment