Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 16: Music makes the people come together

Still marching along on the 30 Day Challenge...

Day 16 - Your views on mainstream music

This is a hot topic worthy of discussion?  Um...I like mainstream music.  Is that okay?  Not sure what direction I'm supposed to take this in...

I have a very eclectic taste in music.  Come to think of it, I pretty much have a very eclectic taste in all forms of entertainment - books, movies, plays, television shows, etc.  This either makes me well-rounded or non-committal.

I seem to get into certain modes.  My modes are dictated by my mood and/or by my life's circumstances.

When I'm all stressed out, I need mellow tunes to soothe my soul.

When I'm feeling like my world is spinning out of control, I need to dig deep and go spiritual with some Christian contemporary flare.

When I'm wanting to take on the world, I like pop/top 40.

When I'm feeling reminiscent/nostalgic, I go country.  That might not make any sense, but country just takes me there for some reason.

My point is that everything I listen to comes to me via my chosen XM stations, my chosen Pandora channels, or my iTune purchases and all happen to be mainstream music because that's what I'm exposed to...or how I roll.

This is kind of a boring post.  So sorry...

Fave singers include, but are not limited to:
Amy Winehouse
Adele
Jason Mraz
Brad Paisley
Carrie Underwood
Christina Aguilera
Michael Buble
Harry Connick Jr.
Ray LaMontagne


Who are some of your favorite crooners?

2 comments:

Happy Healthy Runner said...

ahhhh Harry Connick <3 Love.

LaShaune said...

purchased the latest Adele CD and was disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I love her voice but the CD is just so depressing. It's Nina Simone without Nina.

Speaking of Nina, she's definitely in my top 5!