Monday, March 1, 2010

Anxiety

"Anxiety" by Jennifer McDuffie


Have you ever had anxiety? I'm not talking about the anxiety you may experience before taking a test or starting a new job or any natural emotional response like that. No...the kind of anxiety I'm referring to is more unsettling than that. Your heart races, maybe you find yourself tapping your foot, your finger or pacing. You can't shut off your brain. You are frazzled, on edge, uneasy, and just plain uncomfortable. If only it were just as simple as completing the test or finishing your first day to get the anxiety to diminish. It's never that easy.

It's a horrible feeling. I've been there. I've been there a lot, actually. I've worked really hard to conquer it, though sometimes it sneaks back up on me. I'm kinda there right now and it sucks.

I know what triggered it. I know I am strong and will work my way through it. Peace is the plan, after all.

No comments: