
Since I didn't feel very successful post race yesterday, I committed to running 5 miles this morning. This served two purposes - one was to regroup mentally since I felt a bit beat down not having performed my best the day before - two was to prepare for my first 10K which is in 13 days.
Ironically, I forgot to bring my gum. My gum is one of my very few staples. I know chewing it helps to regulate my breathing, but I've also come to realize that it has led me to falsely believe I am hydrated when I am clearly not. I have actually been running my 5 mile Saturdays sans water until I have completed the run. Apparently this is bad. Today, I put a bottle of water on a park bench near the first mile marker and every time I passed it, I drank from it. It still was probably not quite the right amount of water necessary for the amount of water my body loses (I'm a sweater like no other), but it's progress.
I listened to my hip doctor and I ran two laps around the park in one direction, then switched directions for the last two to have a more even run on my body.
I reverted back to my 3 min run / 1 min walk method and put my body back in its comfort zone which is where I shall keep it for a while.
I was able to get into "the zone" courtesy of my iPod.
Now, thanks to a fantasmic deep tissue massage I got today via Sarah, an ice pack I have on my hip, and an epsom salt bath that will come later tonight, I will be ready for an awesome workout week which will all help lead me to Saturday's run. I'm hoping to add another 1.27 miles!!!
Cheers to a happy week, y'all!!! =)
1 comment:
Awesome!!! I'm impressed with your dedication!!
Post a Comment