&
Not to get all food obsessed on y'all, but when I have a new delightful treat...I think it only fair to share.
I've always had a "thing" for PB&J. I mean even as a kid I loved, loved, loved it. Nothing better than Peter Pan peanut butter and strawberry preserves on my Wonder Bread with a glass of ice cold 2% milk...or so I thought.
As I got older and a bit more health conscious, I traded out the white bread for wheat...and then still later for double fiber. I also traded out the regular peanut butter for the reduced fat. I became less particular on my "J" enjoying apricot, peach, raspberry...anything other than grape. Oh and the 2% milk became 1% and then landed on it's final resting place at skim.
Going all South Beach on myself, I made a couple more transitions. I changed over to almond butter (AB) and sugar free "jellies". I recently got bold and daring and tried Polaner's sugar free orange marmalade (SFOM) with added fiber. WOW! An AB&SFOM sandwich is like a party in my mouth. It's practically a dessert and I get to have it for breakfast a few times a week (best when made the night before and refrigerated overnight, by the way).
Nutritional Info: 300 calories (sandwich) + 80 calories (8 0z skim milk)
2 TBSP Marantha's Almond Butter (cheapest at Walmart):
190 calories
17 grams of fat
7 grams of carbs
3 grams of fiber
3 grams of sugar
6 grams of protein
1 TBSP Polaner's Sugar Free Orange Marmalade with added fiber:
10 calories
0 grams of fat
5 grams of carbs
3 grams of fiber
0 grams of sugar
0 grams of protein
2 Slices Nature's Own Double Fiber Wheat Bread
100 calories
2 grams of fat
20 grabs of carbs
10 grams of fiber
2 grams of sugar
8 grams of protein
2 comments:
Oh, I'm TOTALLY gonna try that!!! I've been eating natural peanut butter with no jelly at all so that sounds like such a treat. Thanks for sharing!!! And GREAT JOB on the 80!!!! Woooo hoooooo!!!!
I LoVE the Polaner Apricot high fiber, no sugar. So good!
Post a Comment