Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dear Eharmony...


Dear Eharmony,


I just want you to know that I'm so on to you. I have figured out your evil ploys, oh yes I have. Every time I feel like ending our "relationship", magically a guy or two will decide to initiate contact with me in an attempt to give me a false sense of hope. I know they are "plants", employed by you and that as soon as you have me hook, line, and sinker for another 3 months, they abandon our contact entirely or end it siting "they have too much going on in their lives right now."


I do have a question for you. I would like to inquire as to what your definition of "White, Non-Hispanic" means? Of the handful of guys that have randomly (on your dime) decided to contact me, 1/3 of them have been labeled as such and yet have looked distinctly Middle Eastern. This confuses me. I wonder if your employees do not know their ethnicity and/or if they are sincerely thinking they are pulling one over on the ladies they are paid to woo. On this note, I would like to propose that you include additional reasons for closing someone out:


This person misrepresented their ethnicity, age, height, etc...

This person appears to be an Eharmony employee.


Maybe you could even offer a prize (a free month?) to the customers who correctly identify who the real matches are versus the "plants". I could even help you launch this...I was a marketing major, you know!


Oh and of the "real" matches you send me...it would be really great if they were active members of Eharmony. I know that some of them took advantage of free weekends and never officially joined and some others still get matches delivered to them, but don't pay for their membership any longer (meaning they can't look at the pictures of their matches, but can read their profiles). These are not real matches. These are designed to keep the numbers up so that people feel like they have SOOOO many opportunities to find true love when in all actuality it's a shot in the dark. I would also like to add how clever you were to change your matching variables to the whole flexible matching thing. Smart Eharmony, very smart! Now everyone can be matched with everyone with the click of a button!


In conclusion, I don't want to sound like a bitter shrew. I do know several couples who met and married off of your site. I feel like they are, of course, the exception more so than the rule. I just request a little bit more honesty on your behalf, Eharmony. Wouldn't you agree that would make for a better relationship?


Yours truly,

kIMPOSSIBLE to match






3 comments:

Lauren @ Team Giles said...

Oooo interesting. they have "plants" I think you could be right. I should tell my friend!

Melissa-D said...

What a fun job to be a plant! Maybe you should sign on to be one just for fun!

April said...

This cracked me up! And you are probably right about the plants...you should so try to become one. You could list your ethnicity as Pacific Islander, or Native Alaskan, or Oompa-loompa…