Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hungry Like a Wolf

I have maintained my pact, kids. There have been four mornings so far and there have been four morning workouts. I'm quite proud of myself because any one of those mornings I could have EASILY reset my alarm for a more reasonable hour.

I've been quite awful about going to bed at a decent hour to accomodate my new early bird gets the worm routine. Not cool. I do require more than 5 or 6 hours of sleep to be a nice sweet girl and I am certain there are many who have forced interaction with me throughout the day who can vouch for this (sorry guys).

One huge difference I have noticed with this new routine is that I am TURBO HUNGRY from around 9am to lunch. I've been making myself a breakfast sandwich to eat in the car on the way to work - it's a sugar free whole wheat hamburger bun with one egg, two slices of canadian bacon, and one slice of 2% cheese. That should sustain me to lunch since it is WAY more breakfast than I would normally eat. Normally I eat a Carb Master yogurt (properly refrigerated, of course - haha) and a couple of slices of some lunch meat and maybe some almonds. Now, around 9am, I was looking for more, so I grabbed a sugar free pudding. Then around 10am, I am looking for more, so I ate a couple pieces of some lunch meat, then around 11am, I was STILL HUNGRY so I had a spoonful of some almond butter (like peanut butter, but made with almonds). At noon, I was still freakin' hungry like a wolf, but I had to lay down the law and not allow me anymore food until lunch time. Then I can eat the chicken salad, cucumbers, yogurt, and blueberries I brought. I know that will hold me over until dinner, but good golly miss molly, all I've done is eat from the minute I got in the car this morning until lunch. Oye!

Anyway...good thing I'm eating healthy.

1 comment:

Melissa-D said...

That shows you that your metabolism is working! yay! I'm so proud of you! Maybe I should take a lesson from you! Ha.