Sunday, January 10, 2010

Oh my gosh...I almost died!



On Friday morning, while reading and responding to work emails, I reached into my purse and grabbed my Kroger brand Carb Master yogurt. I took the lid off of the blackberry flavored delightfulness, picked up my plastic spoon, took a spoonful, and came *this close* to taking a bite when suddenly I remembered one tiny little detail of great importance. I did not bring my yogurt to work that day in my purse. I had brought it in a plastic bag along with some of my bottled water and some leftover homemade soup for my lunch. Oh my gosh...I almost died!

I know what you are wondering. Did it look right? Yes. I mean I had left my purse in my car overnight and we had freezing temperatures, so it was re-refrigerated quite nicely. Your next question is probably along the lines of how long had it been there, right? Um...yeah...I have no clue. I pretty much eat a yogurt a day, but there are some days I forget (remember that I do have A.D.D.) or that I opt to have a sugar free pudding instead. So it might have been there from the day before or the day before that. All I know for sure is that it wasn't put in my purse THAT morning and so...oh my gosh...I almost died!

This is why the whole big purse trend is a really bad one for me. For all of you who knew me in my latter years in college and the first 8 years post, I always used to find the tiniest purses possible. They were soooo cute and people were amazed by what I could fit in them. Last year, I jumped on the big purse bandwagon and my purses have gotten progressively bigger to the point I might as well be carrying luggage with me. Seriously, y'all...what I have in there is ridiculous. I think I need a purse monitor...a person to tell me, "no, no" everytime I go to put something in it. I'm outta control and as a result...oh my gosh...I almost died!

I guess I will have to try to self regulate somehow, someway...I'll just take it one day at a time. I'll start off simple...something like no perishable foods are allowed in my purse. That's probably a good one to ward off future death threats.

No comments: