Monday, January 18, 2010

RAR!


I'm cursed, guys! Well...I mean...I know I'm not really cursed, but I've had a rough few days with regards to anything electric or battery operated or gas, too, for that matter. In fact, I'm not so certain I'm safe to be around. I should probably come with a robot, only not to warn me of impending doom, but rather to warn others (and electronics) who are near me. I'm that kind of thoughtful.

It all started on Thursday night when I got home from work and noticed my house was way colder than it was supposed to be. It could only mean two things...either ghosts had taken over my sanctuary OR my heater was broken. Since I haven't heard or seen anything go bUmP in the night, we are gonna go with the latter. I truly am thankful if it had to happen that it happened this past week instead of the week before. Houston is just not supposed to be that cold!

Friday and Saturday came and went without hitches (I think), though it is possible I just haven't uncovered where they went wrong yet. Hmmmm....

On Sunday, while caught up in the excitement of the marathon, I dropped my beloved Nikon Coolpix camera and I'm sad to say it's dead and gone. The side is busted open and the battery holder is no longer performing its function.

Let's move onto this morning, shall we?! I went to turn on my Chi to remove the few frizzies from my mop top and guess what? Yup...the Chi rests in peace, as well.

Okay. No problem. It, too, can be replaced.

A little bit later, I picked up my broken spirit and put it on the scale for my Monday morning weigh in. It told me I had gained 4 lbs. This is impossible - I ate according to my plan and I worked out 5 mornings. I did a double take, got off the scale, and got back on. Now I had dropped 22.4 lbs. This is impossible, too, as I'm not the incredible shrinking Kim. Hmmm....I thought to give it another try. This time it showed I had gained 6 lbs. NO, TRY AGAIN. Now it showed I lost 2.4 lbs. This is more like it, but I don't like the inconsistency, so TRY AGAIN. Next it showed I had lost 12.8, THEN 0.4, THEN 9.6 lbs. WHATEVER - can I just get the same weight twice?! Apparently that was too much to ask for because then I got 17.2 lbs lost. UGH! I'M DONE!

I hate not knowing my weekly weight loss. I went to work and told Jay, my brother in law. He suggested that my scale must need new batteries. I bought new batteries during lunch, but when I got home from work...discovered they were the wrong kind. So, I went out to Target with the old ones in hand to make sure I got the right ones and replaced them. Guess what? The scale is doing the same thing. It's got the ghost in it that stole the electricity from my Chi and the heat from my heater, clearly! Now I need to buy another scale TONIGHT so that I have my results tomorrow morning so that I can have a peaceful day.

Oh...and when I got to work this morning, my work email was not working and even though I have filters set-up to send certain emails to certain folders....yeah, they all the sudden stopped working once my email decided to start functioning again.

I'd say it's just another manic Monday, but it really all started on Thursday....
***UPDATE***
Just got back from Target with my new scale. I quickly unwrapped it from it's packaging as if it were a freakin' Christmas present. I inserted the 3 AAA batteries, looked over the instructions, put the scale on the ground, stepped on it, and.....NOTHING! It didn't work. I picked it up, removed the batteries to make sure I had them in right, re-read the instructions to make sure I hadn't missed a step, put it back on the ground, stepped on, and...NOTHING! Is it possible it just needed fresh batteries? Yes, of course. Do I have AAA battieres? Maybe. I don't know. I'm too frustrated, mad, upset to even bother looking at this point. The scale is getting returned tomorrow. Most likely I will shop on Amazon.com for a nice scale and I will have it on Thursday and this week's weigh-in will be a bust. I'll have to find my satisfaction from something other than the number on the scale. =(

No comments: