Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fighter

Despite the fact that I'm on my death bed with what some might call "the common cold" but I call MY PLAGUE, I decided to begin my resolve to hit up the ol' workouts on a more frequent basis. Though The Houston (1/2) Marathon 2011 is a whole year away, let's face it...lately these years seem to keep coming rapid fire fast, so there is no rest for the weary or the plagued.

After my Nyquil wore off, the dogs were fed, watered, and medicated (Oliver and Penelope), I put on my snazzy new workout gear and hit my parent's gym (conveniently located between their master bedroom and the billiard room). I set the elliptical for 30 minutes on gluteal 2 - yes, let's get that booty bootilicious or um...something like that. Around about minute 10, Christina Aguilera's Fighter came on my iPod. You know how you listen to music but you really don't LISTEN to the lyrics? Well this time I LISTENED. Dude(s), this is so my theme song...well sorta. I mean I don't want to come across all angry and stuff cuz I'm not. I also don't want to come across all rough and tumble cuz that's more my sister, Linda (haha). I'm just me, a girl who went through a rough time and is *finally* on the right path again feeling stronger than ever. Here are the lyrics if you are interested: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/christinaaguilera/fighter.html . Anyway, it was soooo awesome cuz I totally kicked it into gear and worked that ellipitcal like never before.

About 8 minutes later, something weird happened. I felt dead. I think we shall blame my plague (or dehydration?) cuz I really don't know what caused it, but now I was on 18 minutes and I felt like it would be impossible for me to finish the 30. I decided to somehow swing 2 more minutes and then go get some water, so that's what I did. I felt okay after the water....well maybe a little weird, but whatever. I then decided to hit the bike. I set it for 25 minutes so at least I would manage a 45 minute workout before meeting my siblings and their spouses for our Saturday family lunch (sans the parentals since they are out of town). I felt great while on the bike. It was after the 25 minutes when I went to get off the bike that the world was off balance. I honestly felt nauseous and sort of dizzy. I went to the kitchen to get some water and then I threw up the water and the walnuts I had eaten earlier. Lovely. I sat down for a minute and then I knew I was running out of time and that I had to get in the shower. It literally took every ounce of effort I had to wash my hair. In order to condition it, I had to sit on the bench in the shower. Something was majorly wrong with me. I seriously thought about calling my sister to either cancel going to lunch or to ask her to come pick me up. After my shower, I laid down on the bed until I felt somewhat okay. I then slowly went about my routine of drying/styling my hair, putting some make-up on, and getting dressed. I still felt strange, but significantly better than before. I then put the dogs in their respective locations, grabbed a cup of milk hoping that would stabilize me until I had some food in me, and hit the door. I was perfectly normal the rest of the day.

But...enough about my plague cuz it'll be gone soon. I'm a fighter, after all! =)

1 comment:

Melissa-D said...

Take care of yourself!!! Sometimes the body just needs rest. I'm glad you're okay!