Final product!
Work in progress!I don't like to follow recipes. This should come as no big shock to those of you who know me. At least I'm consistent, right?! I mean...it isn't like I'm good at following directions or following the leader. Well maybe I'm just not good at it because I just don't do it. haha. Regardless, this is probably why I'm better at cooking than baking. Cooking is much more forgiving of experimentation.
Last weekend, an idea popped in my head for a new recipe...a South Beach friendly recipe, no less.
My friend Meliska makes a wonderful buffalo chicken dip whenever we have a gathering for some holiday or party occasion. Since I've been on SB, I come prepared to such events with colored pepper strips and celery sticks so that I, too, can enjoy the dip!
My mom and sisters make a recipe off The Biggest Loser Cookbook called Dari's Picante Chicken. It's absolutely delicious and even better yet...healthy!
So, taking the two concepts, I decided to create Kim's Buffalo Chicken. Here's the recipe:
1 tub of light or fat free cream cheese
1 packet of dry ranch mix
3 or 4 chicken breasts
1 cup of Frank's Hot Sauce
sliced celery (6 to 8 stalks)
Preheat the oven to 350*.
Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken to even thickness.
Mix the dry ranch packet into the cream cheese
Separate a portion of the cream cheese mixture so as to not contaminate the entire tubful depending on how much you want to use (or double the recipe for twice the fun).
Spread a layer of the cream cheese ranch mixture over the chicken breasts
Put 1/3 cup of hot sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 baking pan, spreading evenly
Add chicken, then celery, then remaining hot sauce
Bake for 45 minutes, serve immediately.
I recommend serving it on top of brown rice and with veggies or a side salad. Enjoy!
Last weekend, an idea popped in my head for a new recipe...a South Beach friendly recipe, no less.
My friend Meliska makes a wonderful buffalo chicken dip whenever we have a gathering for some holiday or party occasion. Since I've been on SB, I come prepared to such events with colored pepper strips and celery sticks so that I, too, can enjoy the dip!
My mom and sisters make a recipe off The Biggest Loser Cookbook called Dari's Picante Chicken. It's absolutely delicious and even better yet...healthy!
So, taking the two concepts, I decided to create Kim's Buffalo Chicken. Here's the recipe:
1 tub of light or fat free cream cheese
1 packet of dry ranch mix
3 or 4 chicken breasts
1 cup of Frank's Hot Sauce
sliced celery (6 to 8 stalks)
Preheat the oven to 350*.
Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken to even thickness.
Mix the dry ranch packet into the cream cheese
Separate a portion of the cream cheese mixture so as to not contaminate the entire tubful depending on how much you want to use (or double the recipe for twice the fun).
Spread a layer of the cream cheese ranch mixture over the chicken breasts
Put 1/3 cup of hot sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 baking pan, spreading evenly
Add chicken, then celery, then remaining hot sauce
Bake for 45 minutes, serve immediately.
I recommend serving it on top of brown rice and with veggies or a side salad. Enjoy!
1 comment:
That looks yummy!
Post a Comment