Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 15: Fave Blogs

I have to admit, when I first saw the challenge for today (30 Day Challenge), I wasn't sure what it meant.  Here is how it is written:

Day 15 - Your favorite Tumblrs

Uh...Tumblrs?  Can I buy a vowel for that "e"?  Did they mean tumblers like "ones who tumble" like gymnasts?  Were they referring to my favorite drinking glasses?   Then I got smart and typed "tumblr" into Google and found out that it's a blog hosting site, so my translation is...

Day 15 - Your favorite blogs

Well my Meliska is the one who encouraged me from the VERY beginning of time (or since she started blogging on MySpace) to get with the program that is blogging.  I have thoroughly enjoyed reading her blog over the years and I look forward to many more postings.  It's been especially awesome to watch as her life has progressed from dating to marriage (I was a bridesmaid!) to baby!  Meliska is also the one who motivated me to get into running.  As I read her journey of going from zero to marathon, well....let's just say I was inspired!  Love her!!!

Melissa and I like to take self portraits (in case you couldn't figure this out)....

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a free picture collage



You can't help but love That Pink Girl!  I've been reading her blog for well over a year.  I was tickled pink when she started reading mine.  We became fast friends via all the forms of media available to us in this day and age and were fortunate to meet in real life in January.  Last month, I was able to spend the better part of a day with her when I went up to the Dallas area for my half marathon and Pinky was my number one supporter during that tough race!  I feel that we are a huge support to one another in this so called life and consider myself blessed to be buddies with this gal, not to mention that she keeps it real in her writing and I respect that!  Love her!!!



That infamous Marie Claire article (blech) turned me onto this gem - Jenna Weber's Eat, Live, Run.  I love her writing style and I especially love her recipes.  I must confess I haven't actually made any yet WHICH I realize sounds so silly.  What I do is copy and paste the link to the recipes that sound especially appealing to an email to myself and then I send the email to a recipe file I created on my Hotmail account.  I'm storing them up for a rainy day.  I think the main reason I haven't made any of her delectables yet is because there seems to be a big focus on sweets and this girl doesn't really need to be making those kinds of things for just any occasion.  If the right occasion came along, however...well...let's just say I will be VERY prepared!

I thoroughly enjoy reading (Just) Trying is for Little Girls.  First off, I have mad respect for my fellow Kims out there!  Secondly, this one is witty while chronicling her running, cross training, half marathons, and family.  Kim is consistent in posting her plan each week and then at the end of each month, she posts a recap of her planned activities in comparison with her actuals.  Let's just say she is motivated and motivational (and speedy)!

Have you had the pleasure of reading Allie's HYPERBOLE and a Half?  It's not a very consistently posted blog, but it's well worth the wait.  One word best describes the read:  HILARIOUS!  Each story is accompanied with some cartoonish illustrations.  I highly recommend going back through the archives of this one when you need a good laugh!  Actually, to the right of the blog is a list of "the best of" for your convenience, so get to it!  =D

I actually read a lot of blogs and I recently downloaded the app on my phone to get the RSS feed so that I can read all my faves easily while on the go.  This is just a sampling of some of my faves...I could go on and on and on as there are a lot of really great bloggers out there.

Which blogs are your faves?

5 comments:

Stephanie F said...

These are some great blogs! I just found your blog- what an encouragement! I will definitely be keeping up with you!

MayRay said...

I love Jenna at ELR, too! She reminds me a lot of The Pioneer Woman (if you've never read her blog, you need to! But don't do it on an empty stomach. I warned you!)

Anonymous said...

I like these blogs too, and Jennas recipes... look to die for!!

Unknown said...

Oh boy, how did I miss this post last Tuesday? Thanks for the shout out! And, ultimate respec (no t!) to you my fellow bloggy Kim as well.

Greggy-D said...

Awww...I love it!!! I love the self-portraits too!