Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 13 - Somewhere over the rainbow

Still on my 30-Day Challenge jaunt....

Day 13 - Somewhere you would like to move or visit.

My parents, sisters, and brothers-in-law reside in Houston.  I speak to my brother practically every day and see him and my sister-in-law at least 4 times throughout the year, so despite the fact they live in the Los Angeles area, I've gotten used to them not living in the same city/state.  In other words....I'm not moving.

My parents do speak of purchasing a vacation home somewhere beachy - that rings pleasant in my ears.  That means I would have some place to vacation on the cheap.  I like that.

I have been very blessed in all of my 34 years in that I've been able to travel throughout Europe visiting the following countries:  England, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Ireland, and France.

I've also been able to lay my laziness upon awesome beaches in San Juan (Puerto Rico), St. Martin, St. Thomas, The Bahamas, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Cancun, Grand Cayman, and Montego Bay (Jamaica).

As far as where I would like to visit....hmmmm...I always seem to get divided between tropical paradise and Europe.  Tropical paradise means I get to be relatively lazy - enjoy the sound of the ocean, the feel of the sand beneath my feet, the heat of the sun beating down on me with a nice cool drink in my hand.  European vacations mean I get to explore and roam ancient cities and cultures.  It's fascinating, BUT it's a working vacation.  It means waking up at the crack of dawn and sight-seeing all day long until I'm so tuckered out from the day that I crash and burn that night.  It's also significantly more expensive to do the whole European thing - especially to stay in the same luxurious accomodations you can stay in tropical paradise for such a lower price.

Then again, there are places in America that I've not yet traveled to or through.

So, here is my list in no particular order of all the places I would love to go (that I've yet to see):

US Cities
Boston
San Francisco
Seattle

Tropical Paradise
Hawaii
Costa Rica
The Dominican Republic

Europe
Greece
Scotland


*Side note:  I think it would be awesome to go to Australia and/or New Zealand, but the length of the flight is a HUGE deterent.

Where would YOU like to go?

2 comments:

That Pink Girl said...

I'm on board with Hawaii. Let's go to Hawaii! 2012 Ironman World Championships in Oct. Let's make plans to spectate! (or participate...)


I'd like to make it to Churchill, Alaska to see the polar bears before they totally disappear. I want to ride a tundra buggy.

I'd like to see Sweden. (they have a marathon in Stockholm!)


I'd also like to make it back to the reservation the "donor" comes from. I went as a baby but of course don't remember. I know it will be heartbreaking but it feels like something I need to do. You know?

Melissa-D said...

I (of course) share your passion with traveling. At this point in my life though, I would cherish any vacation to any place! Ha