Tuesday, November 30, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...FOOD/DRINK!

We all indulged WAY too much on this trip.  I suppose, in a way, we justified it in that we walked a tremendous amount each and every day AND we were, of course, on vacation.  Sweet treats seemed to be one of the main attractions of our daily adventures.  I blame my sister-in-law April for starting this trend!  ;)

Saturday lunch - upon our arrival, my mom made us her taco soup - and this was one of my favorites!  Not much beats a homemade meal from my mama!

Saturday dinner - Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom - this was a family style dining restaurant which served us up all-you-can eat salad, rolls, turkey, ham, beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, mac n' cheese, stuffing, and apple crisp with vanilla ice cream for dessert.  Everything tasted wonderful!

Sunday lunch - in Animal Kingdom, for lunch, I ordered a turkey sandwich which was served up on sunflower bread with cranberry mayo and came with a big slice of honeydew melon.  No need to discuss the handful of french fries and the two onion rings that may or may not also have made their way into my mouth...

Monday sweet treat - ate a carrot cake sandwich cookie with a cream cheese frosting center from a Sweet Treat store in Disney Hollywood Studios.  It was messy, but so delish!

Monday dinner - we dined at the Raglan Road Irish Pub in Downtown Disney.  I ordered Paddy's Pork which was a sausage stuffed pork loin drizzled with a honey soy glaze sitting on top of a mound of mashed potatoes.  There were also some leeks and cabbage on the side.  Mmmmmm....  They also served the table some bread and gave us a dipping sauce of olive oil mixed with honey and Guiness beer.  We loved it!

Wednesday sweet treat - Butter Beer in Hogsmead (Harry Potter World) was yummy.  It especially hit the spot since my mom bought us the frozen one and it was incredibly hot outside.  They described it as a butterscotch shortbread flavor.  It was like a delicious sweet treat in the liquid variety!


Friday lunch - we grabbed lunch in the Land food court in Epcot.  I ordered a ginger mongolian beef which came with two sides - I chose broccoli (veggies seemed to be a shortage on this trip) and noodles.  Everything was absolutely delicious!

Friday sweet treats - Germany had a caramel shop (Karamelle-Kuche) which had decadent treats.  I don't even want to discuss how many things I got there on the two separate trips I made, but I will say the treats lasted me 3 days!  The caramel corn was the best I've ever had and then there was this delightful treat called the German Chocolate Caramel which was a milk chocolate covered caramel that had a layer of coconut with some pecans.  It can best be described as heaven in my mouth.

Friday dinner - We ate in one of the Germany restaurants - a buffet which was soooo yummy serving up all sorts of traditional German fare.  Amongst my faves were both a cold potato salad and a warm German potato salad, pretzel dinner rolls, red cabbage, sauer kraut, and sausage.

Saturday snack - We started the day in Animal Kingdom and grabbed a jalepeno cheddar filled pretzal.  Wow - so amazingly delicious!

Saturday lunch - Finished the day in The Magic Kingdom and ate lunch in a place that had a central bar filled with grilled onions, mushrooms, nacho cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, etc., to dress up your sandwiches.  I ordered a bbq pork sandwich and it hit the spot!

Yeah, I know...I sound like a Miss Piggy.  Oink, oink BABY!   Back on track now until Christmas Eve and Day.  =D

1 comment:

That Pink Girl said...

Oh, you only live once. And you are very disciplined about making good choices every other day of the year. Live a little on vacation!
I pink puffy heart German food, but now that I'm a vegetarian, it sadly cuts a good deal of it out. Sigh.