I was TAGGED again! I love being tagged - it's sooo fun! Thanks, this time, to The Turtle from The Turtle's Pace! I am to tell y'all about my 7 favorite movies! Did you know I'm a total movie fanatic??? It's true! Of course, I used to see a whole bunch more than I do now. Since I have so many faves, I decided to break mine down by category.
Childhood Fave:
Swiss Family Robinson - I admit it, I definitely wanted to live in a tree house after watching this movie! I fantasized about living on an island and having ostridges as a form of transportation and tigers as pets. I even wanted to fight pirates!
Christmas Fave:
Santa Claus: The Movie (though for the record, Elf is a VERY close second) - I just love this movie! It has great characterizations, mixed with the magic of Christmas, and good beating evil. Ahhh...can't wait to watch it this year!
Drama Fave:
Cold Mountain - I HAVE to feel the love in order to feel the anguish, if that makes sense. Though the two main characters were not together very long, either the chemistry was just THAT good or the acting was, but regardless, I believed it. This movie brought to light the age old question of "is it better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all?" I saw it twice in the movie theater and then bought it as soon as it came out on DVD.
Animated Fave:
Anastasia - What's not to love about the fabled tale of long lost Anastasia with her amnesia not knowing she is the heir to the Russian throne? Such great animation and music...hard to believe it was not a Disney production!
Musical:
Moulin Rouge - couldn't wait to see this movie! I remember that it came out during the summer and my brother and I were EXHAUSTED, but we had to see it, so we had his then girlfriend (now wife) April buy the tickets and we saw a late night viewing on opening night despite our long working hours that day AND WE LOVED IT! I bought this one as soon as it came out, too! Eddie and April even danced to the secret love song at their wedding! =)
Comedy Fave:
Real Genius - Val Kilmer in one of his best roles. Perhaps he should have kept to the comedy bits...he was quite clever at it, actually!
80s Fave:
The Goonies - action, adventure, romance, hidden treasure...come on...who didn't want to be a Goonie? I know I sure did!
There are many more faves that I have, but I could only list 7, so now it's your turn. Tell me what your favorite movies are! Blog about it!







2 comments:
Oh Swiss Family Robinson...you're taking me waaay waaay back!
Very cool faves, I'll try to blog some of mine too.
I LOVE Santa Claus: The Movie. It used to come on everything Christmas Eve when I was kid, but I never catch it on TV anymore. Thank goodness for DVD!
Post a Comment