Tuesday, November 9, 2010

TAGGED!

So, this is a blog first for me and it is most exciting!  I got "tagged" to answer some questions.  My tagger was MsGigglepuss from Just a Bit Wicked.  I, in turn, shall "tag" some bloggers of my own with some new questions when my questions are answered. 

So here are my questions and answers:

1. What is your favorite holiday and why? Any special traditions?
I have to go with Thanksgiving because it's the one holiday that I have my entire immediate family together every year combined with a mini vacation.  The irony of the whole thing is that it is the furthest thing from a traditional Thanksgiving that you could possibly imagine.  For the past 14+ years, my family has gone to Las Vegas to celebrate.  We always meet for 2 meals a day, we go see movies, we shop, we gamble, we see shows...  We hit up a killah buffet for our Thanksgiving meal!  haha!  This coming Thanksgiving, we are changing it up a bit, however.  My parents have rented us a huge house in Orlando and we are doing Disney and Universal Studios instead - for a whole week!




2. What is your go-to kickass song in your workout playlist?
Just one?  Oye - there are so many that really kick me into gear when I hear them!  My younger sister Linda told me I had to put Miley Cyrus's "Can't Be Tamed" onto my iPod the other day.  Honestly, I didn't listen to it before uploading it (that's trust for you).  It came on while I was doing my 13.1 miles ON THE ELLIPTICAL on Sunday and it really put that pep in my step, so it just might one of my new faves!  Ya gotta keep it fresh, ya know?!


3. If you were forced to only watch one TV show or movie ever again until you die (can choose shows no longer on the air, and you can watch it again and again, but nothing else), what would it be and why? Defend your choice!
I will go with a tv show because there are many episodes to it (versus watching one 2-hour movie).  I could, for the record, defend a movie choice, though!  Okay, so my tv show is...LoSt!  Big shocker for those of you who know me IRL, right?!  I love(d) that show!  I was only disappointed in the ending because it ended.  I was intrigued with each and every episode and it kept me guessing.  There were so many literary reference weaved into the story line - so many great characterizations - it was so well cast!  Oh...just writing about it makes me miss it! 



4. Where is your favorite vacation destination?
Playa del Carmen!  I love me my European vacations, I really do, BUT they are working vacations.  You have to go, go, go...see, see, see and by the time you are done, you need a vacation to recover from your vacation.  Playa is soooo close - a 2 hour plane ride away to tropical paradise.  I just set myself up with one of those all-inclusives and prepare to be lazy for 5+ days.  It's heaven on earth with a fruity tropical drink on the side for good measure. (pic taken from my last trip there)


I am tagging...
Meliska-D
That Pink Girl
Lauren (Team Giles)
Tales from the Back of the Pack
The Incredible Shrinking Girl

Here are your questions:

1.  What is your favorite holiday and why?  Any special traditions?  Favorite holiday food item?  (had to steal this one - 'tis the season and all that jazz (but I tweaked it slightly))

2.  Have you read a great book lately that you would recommend?  Tell us about it!

3.  What is your dream vacation?  Money is not an issue.  Time off of work is not an issue.  Where do you go?  Why?

4.  Looking back at 2010 so far...what are you most proud of?


Get to answering!!!  Get to tagging!!!

2 comments:

Melissa-D said...

Oye! Now I feel the pressure! :) You know it will take me a 100 years to be able to answer these questions, right? I mean, a girl can only type so fast with one hand (the other one always seems to be holding Liam!).

Ha.

Rhonda said...

Oh boy! Thanks for tagging me... now to figure out some answers!