Sunday, November 28, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things ...RIDES/ATTRACTIONS

Since I don't want to bore you with all the sordid details of my trip, I thought it best to break it down into some categories.  I will share with you my favorite things....first up - rides/attractions that swept me away.


Epcot:
Soarin' - fast pass first thing MUST (or else you are looking at a 45 min to 1 hour morning wait up to a 2 hour afternoon/evening wait).  It was AMAZING!  I don't want to give away too many details, but I will say it's a simulation of hang gliding and leave it at that.

Mission:  Space ORANGE - I can appreciate it for what it was, but sheesh...I'm not sure I could have done it a second time in the same trip.  It was INTENSE!  This was yet another simulation ride - this time a shuttle mission to Mars.  I kid you not - there were barf bags on board.  I didn't need it, but I was definitely feeling extreme pressure on my chest during the launch and I got WAY dizzy.  There is a lighter version for the fainter at heart - green.

Hollywood Studios:
Tower of Terror - line moves fast and it's just soooo FUN!  I could have done it another 2 or 3 times on this trip easily!  I just laughed and laughed!  There is a background story a la The Twilight Zone.  The decorum of the "hotel" is top notch and could easily be the setting of a movie.  I just loved having some cool stuff to look at while waiting in line!

Animal Kingdom:
Expedition Everest - my favorite roller coaster of all the roller coasters I rode on this trip!  We hardly had to wait in line at all, but I wouldn't have minded waiting as there were some cool things to look at in a faux museum setting prior to getting on-board the coaster.  The ride even had a surprising twist in it which may or may not have caused me to blurt out an expletive out of shock!  Another ride which just had me laughing with a big smile planted on my face the entire ride!  AWESOME!
  
the Gorillas - there are 7 or 8 adults (I believe) and a 9 month old baby and they are HUGE (well except for the baby - she was just a little ham)!

The Magic Kingdom
Thunder Mountain - an oldie, but goodie!  It's just a mini-coaster that keeps the good times rolling!  No loops, no twists, no super speeds, no special effects...none of that even necessary to have such fun!


Pirates of the Caribbean - another oldie, but goodie!  They've changed it up a bit - adding in some Captain Jack Sparrow here and there plus other tidbits from the movies.  There is so much to look at that you could easily ride it two or three times and see something new each time.

Disney's Philharmagic - a 4-D movie that was just simply splendid bringing back a lot of Disney character and song favorites from days gone by!

Universal Studios
The Simpsons - a simulated ride full of fun and even though I never really got into the whole Simpson's craze, I still enjoyed it tremendously!

The Mummy - a mild in-door roller coaster with SPECTACULAR special effects!

Universal Studios:  Islands of Adventure
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - the entire world was phenomenal, though there was room for them to have even done more with it, believe it or not - as in some of the store fronts lead to little shops, but they could have all lead to larger shops.  Let's face it - if you build it, they will come - especially where Harry Potter is concerned!  The main attraction ride was fantastic, of course, and due to my brother and sister-in-law finding a slight "cheater" route to aid us in avoiding some lineage, we were able to cut out a good 40+ minutes on two different occasions of waiting time.  =)  Additionally, there was a dualing dragons extremely fun roller coaster and then a small children's roller coaster.  Hogsmead offered up Butter Beer in both regular and frozen (we had the frozen and it was DELICIOUS) and there was also Pumpkin juice which I, of course, had to purchase, as well.


No comments: