Cold weather makes me feel lonely.
The holiday season makes me feel lonely.
I have a lot going on in the next two months. I have 3 trips planned. One - a quick weekend trip to Chicago for management meetings and some family time. Two - a week long extravaganza in Orlando over Thanksgiving with my immediate family, aunt, uncle, and double cousins. Three - Christmas in Chicago with my family. I have a half marathon. I have the continued training for my full marathon - doing mileage I never thought possible. I have stuff to occupy my mind, I guess is what I'm saying.
But still...
I'm lonely.
Most of my friends are married. So many of my friends have had babies this year. I always wanted to be a mom. I wanted to have three kids. The older I get, the more I see that dream slip away. Don't get me wrong...I'm not giving up. I know there is still hope for me to meet and marry some wonderful man and then to have some kiddos. I know that women have babies "later in life" now. I know that I am way healthier now than I was 10 years ago and that I will be even healthier 5 years from now than I am now.
But still...
I'm lonely now.
It will pass. I usually does and I will be content again. at least for a little while.
4 comments:
I'm TRYING to find you someone...but no one has been good enough! j/k...in all seriousness I am sorry to hear you've been feeling lonely. You know you are ALWAYS welcome at our house...ALWAYS. You are an amazing woman, and an amazing man will come one day..I know it. I hope you know how much you mean to us!
preach it, sister! I know I may be younger and I might not share the same desire for wanting children, but the loneliness always seems more prevelant around the holidays.
I will not say chin up. I will not say it will pass. I will now say that it will get better and one day all your dreams will come true. For me, that crap seems to make it worse.
I loves ya Kim! Thanks for your bravery in sharing your heart.
Lonely is a haaaard emotion. It feels so vast.
But I know you KNOW you aren't alone. You have many friends that love and care for you. (some you've never even met IRL - me!)
But still, lonely hurts. And we can easily slip into that deeper and deeper. But you know what? Not matter what, you are NEVER alone with the Lord by your side.
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
Lonely sucks. The cold weather does it to me also. I think it's the memories the cold weather brings... the cold weather meant more time spent indoors with the family, watching tv, working on homework, getting on each others nerves... So when the cold hits... I miss having a family around me.
You're totally not alone on this one. I hope it passes soon!
Post a Comment