Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again


Lately I've had that urge to throw myself back out "there" again. Where is "there"? Well...it is that scary "place" (note the quotes exist because it isn't an actual physical location, but rather a mental state) where you throw yourself out into the dating market. Yes, I've been on eHarmony for months upon months upon months, BUT it's mostly fodder for my jokes. I don't see any real action on there - I never initiate contact with anyone and when anyone initiates contact with me, well let's just say the match gets closed out sooner rather than later.

A few years ago during the off again phase of my on again / off again romance with an unacceptable suitor, I joined an organization called Eight Friends Out. It's a dining club for singles in various age groups. First and foremost, it gives you an opportunity to meet and mingle with single adults and secondly, it give you an opportunity to dine in some nice restaurants around Houston. When I had joined this group previously, it would be fair to acknowledge that I was not in the right frame of mind to fully appreciate the experience and/or to reap the benefits. I decided I have come leaps and bounds since then and today I took the first step and re-joined. My only concern was that the menus for the dinners are pre-selected and I am on an obvious diet plan. Before signing up, I asked if I would be allowed to make modifications to the meals and I was told "of course!" This was so wonderful to hear and so I paid the dues and signed up for my first dinner which is on Thursday, 2/24. I'm turbo excited!

No comments: