I had the worst night's sleep EVER Sunday night. Well...I've had other sleepless/restless nights, but I guess when it's the most current one that is so fresh on the brain it seems like the "worst one EVER".
I got home (mind you that "home" means my parent's house this week) from a date around 11pm. I would have felt awfully guilty forcing the dogs to go to bed right away considering they were just sleeping prior to my homecoming, so I let them frolick and play for a bit before calling it a night. We probably hit the hay just after midnight and then enter tossing and turning from stage left. First of all, the dogs had to do their territorial bickering over who got to be the closest to me. You would think this would give me the warm fuzzies, but really it just made me angry. I was at the point where I would have just preferred one of them pee on me to claim me as their own so we could call it a night - honestly. Sheesh. Finally we were positioned just right so that THEY were comfortable. I was not, but in all fairness it had nothing to do with them. More on that in just a bit. Then, Penelope woke me around 3:45am having to go to the bathroom, so all dogs went outside. Dear sweet loveable Penelope woke me again at 4:15am to go to the bathroom AGAIN, so all dogs went outside. Me thinks Penelope was having some issues. I finally fell back asleep just to be awakened at 5:08am by one of my employees. No worries - he was thoroughly yelled at. Apparently the two of us have differing opinions about what constitutes an emergency. I assure you...the reason behind his call was not one. I gave up any and all hope for sleep and started my day.
For the past few days I've been harboring a secret pain. My right side hurts - more specifically it's my rib cage area. It's not debilitating or anything remotely along those dramatic lines. It mostly only hurts when I turn to the right, cough, breath out deeply, or touch it. It still isn't normal and so I've been kind of worried. Crazy thoughts have been filling my overactive imagination - liver issues? gall bladder? appendix? lungs? I had no idea what to make of it. I decided to be a big girl yesterday and go to the doctor.
She wanted to rule out obvious big ticket items, so she ran a few tests and took some chest x-rays. Everything came back as normal. Based on me telling her of my side stitches as of late with my running - specifically with the half marathon and based on the fact that I've been really working on the use of my arm swing during my runs, my doctor has determined that it's a muscle strain with delayed muscle soreness. I was prescribed an anti-inflammatory, a muscle relaxer, and rest. So much for my PR hopes on Saturday...rar.
On a side note - the muscle relaxer's instructions say to take it 3x a day. Who could possibly take a muscle relaxer while working and still manage to be fuctional? Surely not I. Last night it was totally like this:
Muscle Relaxer 1
Kimpossible 0
I crashed turbo fast after taking my pill. I will say that I do feel better already, so I hope this is an indication of healing and I will be back in the swing of things in no time!
4 comments:
Good luck! Yeah no way could I take a MR during the day!
So sorry to here you're hurting. Get better soon!
Awww, so sorry to hear about the pain. I had a similar sounding pain, they never could figure out what it was. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Can I take one of you muscle relaxers while at work? It might make my day more fun! =) I hope it clears up soon!!
Post a Comment