Sunday, April 17, 2011

if at first I don't succeed, GET BACK ON THE WAGON!

How many times have I gotten off track on my diet plan in the past 6 months?  How many times have I had to regroup, recommit, refocus, and all that jazz?  Does it matter?  Point is, I've gotten back on the wagon.

I, like so many other peeps I know (specifically of the female gender) emotionally eat.  When I'm upset, I eat to soothe my soul.  When I'm happy, I eat in celebration.  When I'm mad, I eat to calm my inner beast.  When I'm sick or hurt, I eat to ease my pain.  There is always an excuse, it seems.

I was stressed out over the whole car purchasing thing.

Finally getting into a relationship after a year of not even dating caused me some anxiety as you can't be a 34 year old woman without some emotional baggage from past relationships that creeps in the back of your mind when getting involved in new relationships.

Work pretty much always has me in one tizzy or another.

The pain in my side held me back for almost a week.

Being sick for the past week and a half has put a dent in my training plan for my upcoming two back-to-back half marathons.  My lungs are still not where they need to be, so I haven't been able to run.  I can walk, though, so I have had to reconfigure my plan.  More on this in another post.

My point - if at first I don't succeed - I just need to GET BACK ON THE WAGON until I get it right once and for all!

I'm so sick and tired of trying again.  I know I can be successful - I've proven that.  Remember this girl:


She was me not so long ago.

I know I'm not where I want to be, though, and the only way to get there is to commit to the process - mind, body, and spirit.  I need to stay focused.  I need to remain loyal to my food plan AND combine that with an exercise (cross training) program along with my running schedule to get me to my goal.

I can do it!  I will do it!

10 comments:

That Pink Girl said...

Your courage, your strength, your committment and most of all, your attitude AMAZE me. I'm so lucky to call you friend!

Chellers said...

I FEEL YOU, GIRL! Being back on the wagon again, after totally letting myself go during pregnancies and nursing, I feel tons better about myself and my life. I totally support you 100%! You can do this!!! Much love from Cali. :)

Unknown said...

You can do it! Your post today is inspiring. I fell off my food and exercise wagon this week, and am climbing back on it today. What else can we do but start again, right!

MayRay said...

Kim, you are so inspiring-because you keep it real! I love that you share your true struggles with us. Thank you. Another blogger always says, "Persistence, not perfection." That helps me a lot.

The Turtle said...

I feel like I am getting back on the wagon after ever weekend. Next weekend I am committing to home cooking and fewer meals out.

Good job on all of your efforts! I think you are doing great.

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

Good to hear from you again! I love to eat & my emotions often get the better of me....it's so easy once you've been bad to just keep being bad, but I always try to start fresh each morning. You have already done so much of the really hard work- now just keep on doing what got you there in the first place. Good luck & hang in there!

Anonymous said...

You're right. All you can do is get back on the wagon and do it again. I love your attitude!

LaShaune said...

WE can do it. You're not alone in this struggle. Hip pain (bursitis) over here has me sidelined. I will ease back into my schedule tomorrow.

When you devise a substitute for salt cravings (specifically chips) send that my way.

The one thing I keep telling myself is that I can change yesterday. Each day is a fresh start on this journey.

Tara @ Dashing in Pearls said...

I love how positive you are! This is a wonderful and encouraging post!

Melissa-D said...

You have and will continue to do awesome. So you've had a few bumps...so what...you are so capable of getting back to where you want to be. Just remember how beautiful and strong you are!!!