Sunday, December 19, 2010

weekend recap

I was relatively lazy this weekend and I loved it.  I started off my Saturday with family lunch at BJs.  Upon conclusion of my meal, I went shopping!

We all know Christmas is a time for giving.  We all know the saying "it's better to give than to receive."  We all know...well maybe you don't know...that I have A.D.D. when it comes to my Christmas shopping which leads me to yesterday.

Let me start off with the disclaimer that I do love to give.  I really am not a selfish girl.  I'm just going to come across that way as it seems I get some of my best shopping done this time of year.  I mean the stores send you all kinds of coupons and are running all kinds of sales.  I really don't have too many winter clothes.  I am smaller than I was last winter (yay), so I was going to need to buy new stuff anyway.  I also do like to have a new outfit or two to wear while in Chicago for Christmas.  Yes...I am going to Chicago AGAIN - this will be my 4th trip back there this year.

Okay, so I had a vision of buying a sweater dress when I woke up yesterday morning.  I didn't necessarily care what color, though I kind of had gray or mulberry in mind for some reason.  I had a very nice coupon for JC Penny, so I thought I would try going there first.  They had quite the selection of sweater dresses, let me tell you. The problem with me right now is that I am sort of in between the plus sizes and the regular sizes.  This means I can sometimes pull of an XL depending on the dress/shirt (not bottoms...definitely need plus size for bottoms still), but more often than not I need the 1XL.  I just can't stand looking frumpy.  I have curves and as long as they are displayed nicely, I want them to be seen.  So, I pulled 10 dresses with me into the fitting room.  9 of the 10 made me look like stuffed sausage - not a pretty picture.  The 10th dress, however...well that was another story.  I liked it and it was on sale.  I thought a cute purse would go great with it and maybe a new pair of earrings.  I was able to buy all 3 with the use of my coupon for $67 including tax.  I heart JC Penny!

Then I went to Lane Bryant to get a few pairs of tights, but while I was there, I noticed some sparkly things.  Oh how I love me the sparkly things.  I bought a gray sequins tank and matching 3 quarter length sweater which will go great with my black slacks.  I also found a couple of very flattering long sleeved shirts and another pair of earrings.  I had a nice coupon and when applied and including tax, I got all that for $153.

Finally, I got my mop top cropped.  I had been looking like quite the ragamuffin lately.  It was time!  I showed my long time hair stylist Leena a picture of how I wanted my hair to look when it is straightened and she cut it to look just like that and then she straightened it for me.  I will never get it to look like that again, but it was nice to know that for one night, my hair looked great.

Later that evening, I went with my friend, LaShaune, to a party.  It was pretty adventurous of me to go to a party knowing only two people.  There was a plethora of fashion FAILS going on which made for an even more amusing time.  I know, I know....I'm so snarky.  'Tis not the season for such business...

On Sunday, I had a massage scheduled with Sarah.  I wasn't nearly the knotted-up mess I usually am since I haven't been running.  When I was done, I headed over to my parent's house as we were all invited over there for a food tasting (long story).  I was filled to the brim with all things yummy!  A wee bit later, my mom and I headed out to see Fighter starring Marky Mark and then we went for dinner at Carrabbas.

What a nice, relaxing weekend!  It's great to start off a week knowing there are only 4 weekdays!  It's even better knowing that Christmas is right around the corner!  I heart Christmas!  =)

2 comments:

That Pink Girl said...

Your hair looks great!!!
Yes, this time if year I too often buy a bit for moi. You are so right! Lots of coupons, sales and frankly, cute stuff! I get suckered in by the gift sets that are so cleverly marketed for Christmas. Why, I never even KNEW that I needed cherry scented shampoo/body wash/bubble bath until you shoved it into a red sparkly box with a big ole gingerbread man on it. Thank you Ulta! :0)

Melissa-D said...

You have to buy a little something for yourself too! That's the rule, isn't it!? :)