Yay! It's Friday night! Am I normally this excited about Friday nights? Nope! Why is this one so different? Well, my friends, I am embarking upon a 5-day weekend! Woot! Turns out that I've been uber healthy (um...when it comes to sickness, not injury) this year which means I have all 6 of my personal days left. My company allows us to carry over our days until the end of February, so I've decided to use 3 of my days Monday thru Wednesday and then save the other 3 for the first couple of months of 2011!
Tonight I decided to put up my Christmas tree, but then I got lazy when it took me an hour and a half just to get it standing. Yikes! Truth be told, it was really the first strand of "tree" that gave me a bit o' struggle. It appears the branches got all kinds of twisted and by the time I got them untwisted, I was about ready to go buy either a new fake tree or a freakin' fresh tree. Needless to say, I decided it best to get back into the Christmas spirit and actually enjoy decorating it by waiting until tomorrow. =/
What's on the agenda for the rest of my little siesta? First and foremost, I decided to take the opportunity to get some doctor appointments out of the way - 3, to be exact. One of these is a follow-up on my pelvic stress fracture. As I mentioned on Wednesday, I'm still wishin' and hopin' that my doctor will say I can power walk the RunGirl 13.1 on 12/12. If he says no, though, I will abide by his ruling, but I will pout. Secondly, I plan on getting my Christmas shopping done. Thirdly, I want to catch up on a few movies. I've been eying Burlesque, Love and Other Drugs, and Morning Glory. Finally...and this is the doozy...I want to declutter, organize, and deep clean my house room by room. I have a small home, but I've lived in it for almost 10 1/2 years, so it's accumulated quite the non-essentials. I'm not going to be so silly as to think I'm going to get rid of all non-essentials, but I can definitely cut back. Let's just say I would love to be able to proudly display my 2 spare bedrooms with their doors open.
I'm looking forward to having some me time at home - no stress, no pressure, just a general outline of "things to do" and the time to do it!
May you all have a very Merry weekend!
3 comments:
Great plans. You are so productive!
Oh, that sounds so good!! I can't wait to see some Chrimma pictures!!! Enjoy your weekend!!
Duh, that was me, Ginger. I just woke up. :)
Post a Comment