You know what sucks?
Being honest with yourself sucks, that's what!
It's easy to be in denial. It's easy to pretend that everything is okay. Facing the cold hard truth is hard. Why? I surely don't know....well maybe I do know, but I don't like to say it out loud.
Yes, yes...I'm still whining about my injury. I am very sure you are sick of hearing about it. I know I keep talking about how I am bound and determined to power-walk my half marathon this weekend "NO MATTER WHAT" as long as my doctor approves it, of course. Why wouldn't he, after all? I mean I'm talking walking, not running. I know why he won't, though. This is me being honest. I'm not better.
I don't understand why I'm not better, though. I've been taking the double dose of Calcium with Vitamin D as he told me to do. I have not run. I even laid off the elliptical (which he did not tell me to do, but I was hoping rest would speed the recovery). I know that walking the Disney and Universal parks for 8 days were hard on my injury. Is it possible that this set me back?
I switched my full marathon to the half a few weeks ago, when I was diagnosed, but now I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to do that half. Here I am 7 1/2 weeks out and I haven't run in 5 1/2 weeks. This is quite daunting to me. I have until 12/19 to make a decision. I want to welcome 2011 with this half marathon. I want to be able to train for this race successfully. I want to be healed. *Sigh* Doctor tomorrow...I suppose I'm getting a head of myself and I need to wait to hear what he says. Maybe the cold weather is just agitating my injury. Maybe I'm just being a worry-wort. Maybe...
Until tomorrow...
3 comments:
Good news will come tomorrow. I am sure of it
I'm praying for your pelvis. If that doesn't make you smile, well, I don't know what will.
Ha!
No reallly, I AM praying for you. I'm praying for healing for both your body and your spirit. Injury and pain can really get you down. I know when I was hurt last year it was all I could think about. I second guessed everything wondering if I could have prevented it. You know what? Doesn't matter. You're hurt and you are doing the right things to get better. And you WILL get better. I promise!
Praying for you sweet friend!
I don't think that dwelling on the past (ie is that what set me back?) will get you very far. And if you can't do that half...well, that stinks, but YOU are more than a half marathon! *Sending many healing vibes your way*
Post a Comment