Wednesday, December 22, 2010

cHeAtEr ChEaTeR

Shhhh....don't tell.  I'm such a cheater!  I had good intentions, I really did.  On Monday, I went to the grocery store to purchase 3 dozen eggs, mayo, mustard, and dill relish all to prepare deviled eggs for my work Christmas party which is Thursday.  The plan was to come home from work tonight and to get to boiling, peeling, slicing, de-yolking, making my mixture, and then packaging it all up for construction tomorrow.  BUT then...Linda happened.  You know...the younger sister who calls me pretty much every day on her way home from work.  She made mention that she was talking to my mom (who is also making 2 or 3 dozen deviled eggs for my work Christmas party) and that she thinks we are both nuts and that we should just go buy those Eggland's Best pre-boiled and peeled from Kroger or H.E.B.  I laughed her off...I mean...that's a cRaZy idea....I already bought the 3 dozen eggs sitting in my fridge.  That's soooo lazy.  Everyone makes fun of me when I buy THOSE eggs for my own personal consumption.  Whatever would people think of me if they know my laziness knows no bounds?!

I caved.

On my way home from work, I accidentally pulled into the Kroger parking lot and somehow ended up inside the store staring at the egg case.  I decided it was soooo worth $14.34 of my own money to not have to deal with the labor intensive work (not to mention the frustration) of peeling 36 eggs.

So, my mom, dad, brother-in-law, sister, a few former employees, and 50 of my dudes will all be lunch munching on deviled eggs, Pappa's BBQ catering, frito pie (with my mom's homemade chili), cupcakes, pecan pie, coconut cream pie, cherry pie, and my mom's pumpkin pie, apple pie, lemon meringue pie, and some cookies.

Quite the spread, huh?!

So tomorrow is gonna be a bit nuts.  I have to go into work with my bags packed for our flight.  I will work quite diligently for a couple of hours, leave work to come home and gather my doggies to take to the "doggie hotel".  After I drop them off (a heart-wrenching experience), I will return to work to help with final party preparations.  We will then eat our meal, laugh, and have a great time.  I will then have to get back to that diligent working thing (boo) before we leave for the airport.  It's a bit crazy leaving our upper 70s/low 80s and arriving in the low 20s.  I'm gonna be freezing!

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

Frito Pie, I haven't heard that since I left Texas and now you have me craving it! I'm all about cheating when I can :)

LaShaune said...

I hope you have warm knickers for your trip. Brrrr!!!!!

Have a great trip and if you need to do something with those eggs when you return, let me know - I'll take a dozen.

Ginger said...

I had NO IDEA eggs even came like that!!! I'm totally doing that next time I have to do deviled eggs. $14 is a small price to pay for convenience. We are girls of the 21st century. We ain't got time for that egg-peeling nonsense.
:)

That Pink Girl said...

Let's use the term "convenience enthusiast." Lazy is such an ugly word! And how about, um, smart! You're TIME is worth the $14. Good thinking!

outdoor.mom said...

oh wow!! well lets hope that 2011 goals go good. i've been doing a lot of Christmas recreational eating too :-)

Rhonda said...

Bwhahahaha. I love how you accidentally pulled into Kroger... I sure wish they wouldn't sneak up on you like that!

Melissa-D said...

They SELL THOSE already done!? Dude...I need to go to the store more often. I had no idea! I don't blame you for being a cheater...I would have gone one step further and just had Greg make them. Hee hee