
Don't I look all ready for my run? It's all a lie, I tell you. I'm a sham in the evenings, no matter how much I try to convince myself otherwise. Why oh why am I incapable of a solid run after work, y'all?!
Remember a couple of blogs ago when I basically confessed to being a morning person and a night person and then getting lost in the afternoon? Okay, maybe I didn't word it quite so...normally. I'm pretty sure I said something about catching early bird worms in the a.m. and partying like a teenager at night and then being a grumpy butt 33 year old all afternoon long to compensate for the two extremes. Maybe my performance anxiety is as a direct result of this issue?
OR...maybe I just suck. Did we ever think about that one?
I would liken myself to a gazelle during my Saturday morning runs and an elephant during any weeknight run I've attempted. Okay...maybe not a gazelle because I'm so not that graceful, but you catch my drift. It couldn't have been the burden of the day upon my shoulders because it wasn't a stressful day. It couldn't have been that I didn't have enough energy (food) in my system as I typically run my Saturdays on either my South Beach pancake or H.E.B.'s Heart Healthy Whole Grain Oatmeal either in blueberry or cranberry. Today, I had my almond butter and sugar free orange marmalade sandwich on double fiber whole wheat bread for breakfast. For lunch, I had a South Beach tortilla with refried black beans, grilled chicken, 2% Monterey jack cheese, and light sour cream. Then I ate my Kroger brand Carbmaster yogurt. I didn't eat anything before I ran because my plan was to do 3.8 miles and I had a late lunch, so I wasn't hungry and felt that eating something would have made me want to throw up.
As far as hydration goes...well we all know I struggle with this, but I made an effort to drink throughout the day...probably not enough, but well it never really is, now is it?! Stupid greedy body! =P
Basically, I did 2 miles of running and then walked the remaining 1.8 miles. I just gave up. I quit. I'm a loser. I don't give up and quit on my Saturday runs. Why do I give up and quit on a weeknights? Why is it an option? It shouldn't be unless I'm hurt, for the record. I think I need an attitude adjustment. Where is Jillian Michaels when you need her??? She scares me.
I need to solve this issue STAT. You see, I leave for my vacation on a Saturday morning. This is bad for my training because I won't be able to get my 9 miles in. I figured out two possible solutions. Either A - I need to go to bed on that Friday @ 8pm to rise and shine @ 4am to go to the gym and attempt to do 9 miles on the dreadmill OR B - I need to somehow someway run the 9 miles after work on Friday night. Neither option is seeming very do-able right now given the fact that I've never done more than 1 mile on the dreadmill and that I suck at evening runs and that will be my first attempt at 9.
Yes, yes...I know I sound like a royal whiny mcwhiner. What are your struggles?
2 comments:
I always run better on a Sunday morning than on a weeknight. I say Friday make sure you get a good lunch and a good snack, drink plenty of water throughout the day and just keep telling yourself that you're going to kick that runs butt. I really believe in positive reinforcement, I think you can do it but you're the one that matters. If you believe it then you can do it, just don't give up!
I've started doing runs regularly on the treadmill after my classes during the week. But I can't seem to make myself do any steady running on it! I get sooooo bored... so I've been testing out different routines of running and walking, or running and sprinting... you get the idea. It's an interesting workout. Anyway, I hadn't gotten to run outside in quite a few weeks, so I decided to hit up Meyer Park on Sunday. It felt so awesome to be outside! I need to get back into that whole distance thing.... I'm jealous of your 8 miles! Good work!
Post a Comment