So you know that I hung out with friends on Friday in celebration of Greggy-D's 30th birthday because I wrote a whole blog about my pizza gluttony. =D
Here's the rest of what this weekend had to offer:
I woke up Saturday ridiculously early because I'm apparently an 80 year old early bird special in the mornings and a teenager who can stay up to all hours in the evenings. No worries, kids...it all evens out to a 33 year old grumpy ass in the afternoons. I was already dreading an 8 mile run on the dreadmill since by all accounts (ABC weather reports) it was gonna be raining all morning. Imagine my shock (and delight) to see that it was a most glorious, beautiful sunshiny day! No dreadmill for me! Do you think that my early to rise and shiny-ness meant an early run? No, no...that would just make too much sense and I'm not quite that logical so early with little sleep. Instead I pushed it and got a WAY late start. I geared up in my Nike attire (love that stuff), added a visor because I don't do well with sunglasses on my runs and I didn't want to be all squinty, and headed out for 8 miler #2. I decided to explore unchartered territory. You see, with my Garmin, I was able to leave the familiar 1.27 mile path and extend it to 1.85 miles by way of running around a lake that is an extension off the path. Just off the path around the fishing lake, there is a Greenway leading you to Collins park with softball fields. This one is a bit hilly, so that makes it a bit more of a challenge, but it was quite peaceful and this changed the distance to 3.8 miles. Honestly, it was just fun having a new path to run!
After my run, I had all of 20 minutes to drive to my house, take a shower, throw on clothes, and meet my family for family lunch which was at Red Robin this week. I opted to order their Lettuce Wrap Your Burger. It is a cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun and it comes with a side salad instead of fries. It was quite tasty. My mom and I were going to go see Disney's Oceans, but that was BEFORE it turned out to be an amazingly gorgeous day outside. I asked her if she would mind if we rain checked (ha!) the movie and if I came over instead for some fun in the sun (in the pool). She had no problem with that (yay)! I went home and got my dogs and went to my parent's house. Now you all know that Penelope is completely blind and she is still recovering from surgery. She gets scared outside of our home since home is her comfort zone (despite being at my parent's house millions of times). My mom told me to bring her because she wanted to work with her. So, I took Delilah outside with me to burn off some of her energy (consequently, when I get back from Mexico, Operation: Boot Camp Delilah begins) and my mom did her thing with Penelli. Later, my mom put Penelli down for a nap and came out and joined me and we had nice mommy/Kimby time! Yay! Later, I went back to the house and caught up on some shows on my DVR, then took an Epsom Salt bath to kill some of my aches and pains. I then ice ice babied my hip (it needed it bad) and read some of my book. It was an awesome day!
Then came Sunday! I kinda tossed around the idea of running some this morning, but when I woke up (ridiculously early again) with sore thighs, I decided to bench that idea. Instead, I bummed around until it was time to get my massage. Oh how I needed those knots to be removed from my body and thankfully, courtesy of Sarah and her magic hands, they are. She has also been trying to convince me to try yoga - insisting that it will help my body to relax and not allow it to get so many knots. She succeeded this time because after I left her, I went to Target and bought a yoga mat. I looked up the schedule at 24 Hour Fitness and will be attending my first class tomorrow night. Eeeeek - I'm very nervous - this is VERY far outside my comfort zone.
After Target, I headed to Los Cucos to meet Amy for lunch. It's been a while since I've seen my Amy, so we caught up on our respective dating woes. It's tough out there, y'all. I really need to write a book - it would be a comedy (of errors). Then, of course, I got a work call and it required me to have to go up to work (thankfully work was just up the street from where we were eating). Then I went home, grabbed Delilah, took her to her vet appointment for her shots, then to my parent's house for more swimming. I also got to read more of my book - I'm loving it - it's called Secrets of a Lady by Tracy Grant. Then I hung out with the parentals for a while.
*Sigh* Too bad I didn't get any housework done. =/
How was your weekend???
4 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad you are going to try it. One of my clients said she was convinced to try it after her very burly father (who is 75) became a yoga addict. It really works! Just remember, everyone feels weird the first time. OH and try not to fart too loudly. ;)
LOL! It's hard to imagine a burly 75 year old doing yoga - that's awesome! A girl I went to high school with commented on a mutual friend's FB that she goes to the same 24 Hour Fitness that I do and attends the class I'm going to. Isn't that funny? I haven't seen her in 15 years! Crazy!!!
Yay for beautiful weather for a great run!! I'm anxious to hear what you thought of yoga!
Woohoo for awesome weather!!! How awesome are you for your weight loss AWESOME JOB:)
Post a Comment